SNES9XBox Super Nintendo Emulator for XBox v3

fumanchu

by madmab.

there is a lot of info for this release unfortunatly the board wont let me post all of it as there is to many characters so you can view the entire release info in the readme file below.

thanks to everyone involved with this great release.

snes9xbox_info.txt

by madmab.

there is a lot of info for this release unfortunatly the board wont let me post all of it as there is to many characters so you can view the entire release info in the readme file below.

thanks to everyone involved with this great release.

Thanks fu! I've also got a nestopiax update coming down the pipeline. ;) good time to be into xbox stuff!

Yeah! Xbox stuff has never been so good!

Congrats mad dog for this HUGE release, a real christmas gift for any snes fan (finally i have accurate sound core for super castlevania IV, secret of mana and super mario world!

Another IMPORTANT new feature is the following:

Everyone thought it was impossible to have a true HD user interface for Xport/madmab emus (even me, and even madmab lol). After lot of testing and some tricks i discovered it to be possible using a sprite trick, in fact using the sprites system to display backgrounds; and also using some special screen size numbers (the scale system is weird). I kept the stretched version of the 640*480 backgrounds in the skin root, or else you won't have the skin transitions effects (the true hd backgrounds are in the sprites folder).

The main screen can be 1280*960 in most case; with the exception of the memory eaters emus (neogenesis,winuaex,winstonx,dosxbox,bluemsx); in theyr case the main screen can be 1068*800 or 915*685 pixels max (wich is still 50% better quality than any old Xport's skins).

So finally i'll release a pack of TRUE HD skins in a near future for the other madmab emus. Be aware the gameselect screen can have a max screensize of 915*685 (or else the emu won't display the background or will crash).

It's the first time you'll have a true HD GUI for a madmab emu, so if you have an hdtv, 720p output set for your xbox, launch the new snes9xbox and choose a true hd skin (snes/snin COLOURS HD), you'll see the difference.

Thanks to everyone involved!

p.s.: Xtecuter/XXXhellsfuryXXX, say me you have successfully implemented the dipswitches to play the Nintendo world championships 90 rom the way it is supposed to be played? (with a 6min21seconds timer), thx for nestopiaX updates coming!

Edited by Gilou9999

A new revision of this skin with a few changes and a few additions.

Delete the previous skin and clean install this new revision to avoid conflicts.

HD 720P users only im afraid.

Supports 2d artwork, 3d artwork.

Use with or without video previews, usefull for smaller HDD's using Action shots.

Support for the "sprite trick" to gain Xtra quality in the skin.

Its not real HD the "sprite trick" so i call it "HQ".

Forgot previews in this package but the ini's explain themselves well enough.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rk6ndtj9l11sflw