Burned PS games w/o modchips or boot disks

Arix

Woah, i left this topic with like 7 posts and it becomes a 3 page topic. Also, i did a search on the model number (DTL-H1001) and it gave me a top-secret file hacked from Sony about how to program using the DTL-H1001 and all the other systems involved in the process. its pretty cool. Heres a direct link.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...8&q=DTL%2DH1001

Too bad i dont have the DTL-2xxx then it would be killer. Well imma keep my little box in a tight safe inside another with a 7 combo lock on each :lol:

j/k

Thx for the info.

[Edit] oh and mine is funky, its not blue like the rest, its actually colored like the normal PSX

Edited by Arix

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS one Sony LCD monitor

This is official Sony LCD monitor

Price: $89 | Condition: Brandnew | Availibility: in stock

PS Debugging Station Development Tool

PS Debugging Station Development Tool

The Debugging Station Modeal DTL-H1100 is a development tool for playstation. Includes manual and power supply, Av cable and controller.

Price: $email | Condition: used with no box | Availibility: restock soon

ps_debug_units.gif

Didn't feel like readin' through all the posts, but I figured I'd throw this in. You boot backup ps1 games on a ps1 without a modchip, or a boot disk perse. You just need a real game, and the backup, as well as something to hold the pin down while you have the top of the PS1 open. I forget the exact swap method, but you swap from game, to backup, to game, then backup and it loads. I used to have a friend that could pull it off every time. I never got it to work once. lol. At first, I thought he was fulla BS and had a chip or somethin', but he did it on mine, so I know it works.

edited - found the info.

"Some PSX have a BIOS installed which prevents playback of importgames. (f.e.: a PAL-game on a NTSC-PSX) To bypass this problem you start with an original disk (with the lid open and the door button pressed) until the black SONY-logo appears. Then you have to remove the disk (while it is rotating) and put in the import (or the backup of the import). Now you can close the lid and start playing."

This is the boot method. Just use a backup in place of the import. It may take a few tries. I never really messed with it that much, as I had a game enhancer. But I had a friend that was able to get it to work every time without fail.

Edited by Mi|enko

i can pull that off every time to, i messed up like 3 times first time i did it, but then i got it and i can do it all teh time now, it just takes fast reflexes and practice

when you swap, sometimes looking at the logo on screen doesnt always work, you have to look at the speed the disc is spinning at

Didn't feel like readin' through all the posts, but I figured I'd throw this in.  You boot backup ps1 games on a ps1 without a modchip, or a boot disk perse.  You just need a real game, and the backup, as well as something to hold the pin down while you have the top of the PS1 open.  I forget the exact swap method, but you swap from game, to backup, to game, then backup and it loads.  I used to have a friend that could pull it off every time.  I never got it to work once.  lol.  At first, I thought he was fulla BS and had a chip or somethin', but he did it on mine, so I know it works.

edited - found the info.

"Some PSX have a BIOS installed which prevents playback of importgames. (f.e.: a PAL-game on a NTSC-PSX) To bypass this problem you start with an original disk (with the lid open and the door button pressed) until the black SONY-logo appears. Then you have to remove the disk (while it is rotating) and put in the import (or the backup of the import). Now you can close the lid and start playing."

This is the boot method.  Just use a backup in place of the import.  It may take a few tries.  I never really messed with it that much, as I had a game enhancer.  But I had a friend that was able to get it to work every time without fail.

Those were only for the first model playstations. that has since been fixed since the 5001 series psx's

oh yea. that i know, but i was referring to the original single swap. I used to do it all the time to play dragonball z legends way back in 96.

newer models are much more hard to do, youre better off just chipping the thing (its what like 4 easy as hell wires)