Burned PS games w/o modchips or boot disks

Arix

Ok this worked for me and i was quite amazed it did.

Things you need:

- Playstation (duh)

- Blank CD (duh)

- Alcohol 120% (software)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. First download and install Alcohol 120%.

2. Get the image you want to burn and open up Alcohol 120%

3. Drag & Drop the Image into Alcohol 120%

4. Right-Click the name of the image in Alcohol 120% and select "Image Burning Wizard"

5. In the first windows just click next.

6. In the second you will see a dropdown box on the bottom, change the selection in the dropdown to "Playstation" and click Finish (or next, im doing this off the top of my head).

7. Let is burn.

8. When its done burning pop it into you PS and play.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, it worked on my PS without modchips, boot disks, etc. My PS is August 1996 if that matters. Also Alcohol 120% has "Playstation 2" in the dropdown but i dont have a PS2 to see if it works.

I dont gurantee it will work on all PS cause Ive only tested on mine.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What image did you burn? Game? App? More info...Ill try this out and come up with an explanation

My current guess: Either 1, your PSX is retarded or something because this isnt supposed to work, or 2, Alchohol 120% Creates the bad sectors in the disc by burning dummy data over and over in the same place on the disc destorying the sectors making the PSX think its real, or 3 there was some dust on your CD or Laser in just the right places hehe

• 2 weeks later...

I burned Legend of Dragoon all 4 cds and a yugioh game, they all work. And on the bottom of my PS is says:

Playstation Programmer Tool

Debugging station

My dad bought this from a pawm shop. Maybe its some kind of testing version that doesnt have the restriction or something. I dunno. The model # is DTL-H1001 maybe its the first version or something.

And it has a small sticker that says "Property of Sony Computer Entertainment" with a barcode under and the number 1000743.

Maybe its because of that, but someone should test it, maybe it will work on all of them.

I burned Legend of Dragoon all 4 cds and a yugioh game, they all work. And on the bottom of my PS is says:

Debugging station

My dad bought this from a pawm shop. Maybe its some kind of testing version that doesnt have the restriction or something. I dunno. The model # is DTL-H1001 maybe its the first version or something.

And it has a small sticker that says "Property of Sony Computer Entertainment" with a barcode under and the number 1000743.

Maybe its because of that, but someone should test it, maybe it will work on all of them.

That's property of a SONY employee... It plays all burned games, since it's a developer's tool.

• 3 weeks later...

Debugging station

you lucky bastard! seriously dude, never sell it!!

dude i would seriously pay you 600 dollars for one of those, they are so unbeleivibly rare its insane. ive seen them being sold for 1200 even.

i would probably spend my life savings on a DCDev Tower though....ahhhh....i had a dream i had one of those once...ohhhhh man that would be sweet....and some blank GD-Roms to go with it....no more downsampling for me....i could rip ANYTHING with that...even bleemcast :lol: or maybe finish the Beta bleemcast!! oooooo yeah.....

i beleive it was called the Katana if anyone is going to bother to search for one

I wonder if PSX had a Dev Tower....

By the way, just did some research annnnnnd

Heres some stuff about the PSX you have

http://www.ngfusa.com/everything_else/psxd...ebugstation.htm

Place to BUY one of the PSXs you have...

http://www.gamechoice.com.hk/navigateProdu...product_id=3432

heres an article about a similar system, but for PS2, and not official (mostly in Japanese)

http://www.snsys.jp/Products/ProductSheets...S2-J-headed.pdf

i cant seem to find much about a PS2 version thats official, and in english, but ill keep looking

Oh and just for fun, go here

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...Programmer+Tool

or search "Playstation Debug Station Programmer Tool" on google and scroll to the bottom, This very topic comes up <_<

Edited by Shibathedog