Coinops 3.

fumanchu

I won't debate about emulation with you as you know exactly what you're talking about.

What can be appreciated in coinops is BP's vision for filing the games and configurating everything for the newcomers or lazy guys. Some can appreciate to have everything under the same frontend, some won't ! I only thank any guy who gives his time for the community, whatever the project is.

But it's not the point. I personnaly use madmab emus for consoles, Coinops Reignite r5 for General arcade, FBAxxx128 for CPS2,CPS1, NeoGeo (don't want to DL a new set) and FBLegends for the rest like Cave, Sega (pdrift, rachero...), Psikyo, PGM: in fact the latest added games and all the "OTHER" set from FBAxxx129.

I won't debate about emulation !

What I have written, only to react against your unnecessary remarks, is: every emulator is playing illegal stuff, if BP was your mate you wouldn't react against rips (that you certainly never used) and his Coinops' full set.You don't like Coinops, ignore it instead of alerting Robert.

I repeat what I've said in my posts as it seems difficult to be understood:

-I just want to thank Fumanchu for the news,

-I appreciate any effort brought by any member of the community (new emu or new frontend ? Whatever, Whoever: Welcome !),

-This is only a post announcing CoinOps3, no more fucking war and enjoy.

I'm gone.

You seem to be making a point that has nothing to do with anything I've stated. My personal opinion of CoinOPS has no bearing on the fact that this is not a warez forum. I haven't alerted anyone, I've simply stated my view that I personally don't welcome discussion of a downloadable package that includes blatantly pirated Xbox games. Feel free to ignore my comments and continue if you wish but I don't think this sort of thing is good for the forum or the scene as a whole so I'm not going to let it go unsaid.

well i nagged and nagged the developer of coinops for certain midway games with sound running full speed in this emu

i kept askin for a new core for these games based on mame 0.72 so i guess im to blame for this :)

wider issues regarding this situation dont interest me at all im just happy to be playin these games

Edited by gamez fan

Just to note - coinops should also distribute the sourcecode with the release else it is a breach of the mame license. It is just plain wrong not to adhere to their ilcense, whilst we are benefiting from their work. I also expect the same if modifying the XBMC code as I have read on BPs forum. the source code must be released (at the point of any binary release). BP if you are reading this - please correct this and release the sources for coinops 3.

Edited by exobuzz

Just to note - coinops should also distribute the sourcecode with the release else it is a breach of the mame license. It is just plain wrong not to adhere to their ilcense, whilst we are benefiting from their work. I also expect the same if modifying the XBMC code as I have read on BPs forum. the source code must be released (at the point of any binary release). BP if you are reading this - please correct this and release the sources for coinops 3.

This is also true of FB Alpha, since CoinOPS includes an FBA core. I don't know whether it's taken from FBL or not, but even so it is required that the source be released with any binaries.

As for XBMC, as far as I know CoinOPS does not currently use any code from it but BP has been talking for years about making a some kind of CoinOPS/XBMC hybrid. If this happens he will also be required to release the source under the XBMC license.

I just wish the people on the release side of things would learn how to make a DAT file and torrentzip the torrents.

If your worried about hit and runs than this would help greatly .

And no it isnt that hard or complicated , all you have to do is grab datutil .

How to use Datutil:

run CMD.exe

cd to your datutil directory EX: cd C:\datutil

type in the games directory EX:

For a Romcenter datafile type: datutil -f romcenter2 C:\MyGames

For a ClrMamePro datafile type: datutil C:\MyGames

now grab torrentzip and the java gui and zip it for consistency .

Edited by lilcuda

Yeah, I'd like to know what I'm actually getting over and above 2 with this - i.e. what were the new arcade games that were added.

Apparently it's, like, really, really, really, REALLY difficult to tell.

Even for the "creator".

"Blah drone check the files for differences yourself blah blah blah"

It's a bit like Microsoft releasing Windows 8 and saying, "you want to know what's new? /shrugs/ Well, you could always just read through the help, you know?"

well i nagged and nagged the developer of coinops for certain midway games with sound running full speed in this emu

i kept askin for a new core for these games based on mame 0.72 so i guess im to blame for this :)

wider issues regarding this situation dont interest me at all im just happy to be playin these games

and i've asked in the past too... mind you i am getting coinops 3 right now. i was hoping that bp found a way to get midway roms [actual] to run at full speed, ie mk1, mk2, nba jam, etc. but if this is just adding midway treasures than it's really not the roms being used and mame is not being used at all.

so far i see these xbe's:

capcom vs snk 2

guilty gear isuka

out run 2

pure pinball

i see some sf3 stuff but no xbe yet.

i'm guessing these xbe's:

MI_1.xbe

MI_E.xbe

are these midway treasures... if that. there is a folder called classic, it has these files in them:

file size

--------------------------

mk2.sr 138,480kb <--------this looks like a rip

mk3.sr 96,248kb <--------this looks like a rip

prage.sr 127,198kb <--------this looks like a rip

rwt.sr 37,268kb <--------this looks like a rip

spy2.sr 524kb <--------this looks like a rip

stun.sr 57,922kb <--------this looks like a rip

tcarn.sr 524kb <--------this looks like a rip

ui.sr user interface... i think

uibad.sr

uimovie.sr

uinewoff.sr

uioff.sr

uirace.sr

uistun.sr

i'll confirm when done.

i don't know it the doom2.xbe is actually a doom ripped from a xbox game or the homebrew one. i know doom has been in coinops for awhile now but i don't get it as i'm not into that game.

the xbmc stuff skin is PMIII, i don't know if this falls into share the source area. there are some dll files and a linksbrowser folder. don't know.

when it comes to locks, maybe ace can confirm if they are in it this time around. i think they were taken out due to bp has gone a different direction with coinops3. he's decided to seperate arcade & consoles. it's now "your" choice to have either or both. [ironic] :)

i'm just posting what i see so far... your choice of using coinops 3 or not.