Coinops 3.

fumanchu

ace9094, your attitude is typical of the selfish and short-sighted leeches that CoinOPS and other dubious projects like it depend on for their userbase. As long as you're getting your games to play you don't care whose work, whose wishes, or whose rules you have to take a dump on. With people such as yourself around it's a wonder there is any Xbox development left at all. Frankly it's my view that the emulation scene as whole would be the far better off without these 'projects' and without your sort.

Call it what you like, but the above is my opinion and I'll express it wherever I see these sad and shameful practises surface.

That is correct, it is your opinion and you are entitled to it... However your view of me is a little incorrect but again your opinion and right to say so...

Selfish, yes I guess I am, I do want to play lots of games same as everyone else that follows coinops.

I dont know you or any other Dev's personally, i can barley write nevermind write code, However I do respect your work... Same as I respect the work of the extras team...

In fact I used to use FBL but only to play games, not tweek with settings etc. When BP added it to the coinops I stopped using FBL, same as extras stuff... not because I am a BP defender but because it was all in 1 place for me to use and simple for family and friends .

I dont care if you hate BP none of my business, I dont care if you hate me, but I respect his work the same as I respect yours. I dont agree with what he writes sometimes but its upto him.

I own a few arcade games and a LOADS of console and games... CoinOPS and Emulation in general saves me dusting them off. If the "scene" is better off without people like me then surley this also includes Fumanchu (one of the nicest guys I ever met online for helping people), Philexile distributed coinops, the whole xtras team hosting emulators and roms and many more... you create FBL and use drivers for many games I bet you do not own. To me its the same thing, I know not to you from a devs point but as a user its the same to me.

:)

Edited by ace9094

Man never cease to amaze me the ability of BP to make fake accounts and for start flamings, if I remember correct the agreement here in 1emulation was to avoid talking about BP or his Coinops right? this is getting old guys same useless fights and arguments, always the same, contribute don't fight, because of that this place is almost dead, luckily there are other places where the scene goes on rolling without all this crap and people make contributions, how sad even the same questions remains (right ace? "do you own the game?") sorry to see +T+ involved in this discussion, man you're much more than this bullsh.... you have your work to speak for yourself don't get involved with this sort of things and all of you guys think about if all this flamings are worth a thing or just a waste of sapce and time.

Cheers to all, no offense mean for anyone, just a friendly piece of advice.

I just wish the people on the release side of things would learn how to make a DAT file and torrentzip the torrents.

If your worried about hit and runs than this would help greatly .

And no it isnt that hard or complicated , all you have to do is grab datutil .

How to use Datutil:

run CMD.exe

cd to your datutil directory EX: cd C:\datutil

type in the games directory EX:

For a Romcenter datafile type: datutil -f romcenter2 C:\MyGames

For a ClrMamePro datafile type: datutil C:\MyGames

now grab torrentzip and the java gui and zip it for consistency .

To be honest thats the first time I heard how to do that... you could of suggested that BEFORE it was released not AFTER !

The reason it is raw files is because my upload connection is between 12kb and 60kb so to zip it and reupload it will take ages...

you wanna help? you do it !

Pay for the FTP out of your pocket for the files to be stored on so EVERYONE can keep enjoying CoinOPS, do ya mame dat thingy ma wotsit your moaning about, spend hours away from your family in another room creating torrents and checking everyone is connecting OK...

Im trying to give back a little to the people because I have taken from the community in the 2 years I have been apart of it! What does everyone else do to help? Halloween is over so drop the coinops witch hunt... This topic is the most 1emu xbox section has seen since trisian's marquee for FBL (nice work by the way)

rant over

See you in another few weeks

ace I did suggest these things at emulab before things went belly up .

I congratulate you on all your hard work uploading and seeding the sets , you can stille make a dat file seeing as how you have the full set .

Personally I wont download 20gb of stuff I already have from a 50gb torrent.

just read BP saying he doesnt release dats as they would be buggy , yes coinops is sooo complicated .

every major emulator has one , oh thats right it isnt an emulator just a front end :) .

Edited by lilcuda