Coinops 3.

fumanchu

well thx for postin what files are in the classic folder now at least i know what i need to get a certain game workin

no one wanted to tell me elseware for some reason

If you would of asked me I would of told you.... :)

you could also have downloaded the torrent file and opened it utorrent, that also would of yold you :)

Blah Blah Blah Blah BP, Blah Blah Blah BP stealing, copywrite, frowned upon, binarys, .... C'mon I have been biting my toungue on this but if this Thread gets 30 hits in 2 days and the others are tumble weed city then well no comment...

PS I you all dont own the original PCB's for all the arcade games you play, or all the carts, tapes and disks for the games you use...

Infact what about the rights to use the artwork, videos, music? I bet you never downloaded a movie either....

Bill Gates dont care, why should you...

Here is an idea ring F.A.C.T, tll them see how they laugh...

The last person i knew who moaned like this had a minge and loved shopping !

If you aint form the UK look it up.... if you are and you aint a nerd I bet your chuckling :)

Seems like the greeneyed monster is in town...

well thx for postin what files are in the classic folder now at least i know what i need to get a certain game workin

no one wanted to tell me elseware for some reason

If you would of asked me I would of told you.... :)

you could also have downloaded the torrent file and opened it utorrent, that also would of yold you :)

alright i admit i took the nip asked for help on the chat board no one seemed to want to check their classics folder and tell what was in there

after goin out my way to help others no one seemed to want to help me when i asked for it

not including you in this BTW

Blah Blah Blah Blah BP, Blah Blah Blah BP stealing, copywrite, frowned upon, binarys, .... C'mon I have been biting my toungue on this but if this Thread gets 30 hits in 2 days and the others are tumble weed city then well no comment...

it is a serious issue. You play and appreciate the games right so you can surely see that. We are building on the work of others with the xbox ports. The code licenses should be followed. Not a difficult thing to do either. Why would you have a problem with that ? or more importantly, instead of what seems like defending the indefensible, why not encourage BP to adhere to the license, so we can show some respect to the hard work and time of the mame developers.

I just wish the people on the release side of things would learn how to make a DAT file and torrentzip the torrents.

If your worried about hit and runs than this would help greatly .

And no it isnt that hard or complicated , all you have to do is grab datutil .

How to use Datutil:

run CMD.exe

cd to your datutil directory EX: cd C:\datutil

type in the games directory EX:

For a Romcenter datafile type: datutil -f romcenter2 C:\MyGames

For a ClrMamePro datafile type: datutil C:\MyGames

now grab torrentzip and the java gui and zip it for consistency .

To be honest thats the first time I heard how to do that... you could of suggested that BEFORE it was released not AFTER !

The reason it is raw files is because my upload connection is between 12kb and 60kb so to zip it and reupload it will take ages...

you wanna help? you do it !

Pay for the FTP out of your pocket for the files to be stored on so EVERYONE can keep enjoying CoinOPS, do ya mame dat thingy ma wotsit your moaning about, spend hours away from your family in another room creating torrents and checking everyone is connecting OK...

Im trying to give back a little to the people because I have taken from the community in the 2 years I have been apart of it! What does everyone else do to help? Halloween is over so drop the coinops witch hunt... This topic is the most 1emu xbox section has seen since trisian's marquee for FBL (nice work by the way)

rant over

See you in another few weeks

Edited by ace9094

As for XBMC, as far as I know CoinOPS does not currently use any code from it but BP has been talking for years about making a some kind of CoinOPS/XBMC hybrid. If this happens he will also be required to release the source under the XBMC license.

All BP has done is made improvements to the MAME sources, and that's it. He'd like to take credit for the other emulators, but that's simply not true. He blatantly ignores not only the GPL, but the unwritten rules of the Xbox scene with no respect to anyone's work he has included in his bastard amalgamation of emulators. Now he has the arrogance to include Xbmc4xbox in his releases...

It's like if someone went and modified a pre-existing OS (not even their own) like Windows, bundled a bunch of non-free proprietary software with it, and didn't let people pick and choose what they could install/remove in it. He must be suffering from some type of narcissistic disorder coupled with a few neuroses.

Some guys will also distribute full versions of FBLegends and nobody will cry about it.

Well, those are end users, and not the devs working on the emulator. Big difference...

My personal opinion of CoinOPS has no bearing on the fact that this is not a warez forum.

Really...? Someone should tell the unnamed few posters who continue to blatantly disregard the linking rules here.

i don't know it the doom2.xbe is actually a doom ripped from a xbox game or the homebrew one. i know doom has been in coinops for awhile now but i don't get it as i'm not into that game.

the xbmc stuff skin is PMIII, i don't know if this falls into share the source area. there are some dll files and a linksbrowser folder. don't know.

when it comes to locks, maybe ace can confirm if they are in it this time around. i think they were taken out due to bp has gone a different direction with coinops3. he's decided to seperate arcade & consoles. it's now "your" choice to have either or both. [ironic] :)

i'm just posting what i see so far... your choice of using coinops 3 or not.

Capcom vs SNK 2, Doom 2, Street Fighter 3 (I have online PSN version), and others are all still being sold by their IP owners. There is absolutely no reason you couldn't buy the Doom collection pack through STEAM, or those various arcade compilation packs he ripped through XBLA, or the PSN.

All in all, he's breaking so many laws it's apparent he doesn't care about any legality let alone respecting his fellow Xbox coder's hard work.

when it comes to locks, maybe ace can confirm if they are in it this time around. i think they were taken out due to bp has gone a different direction with coinops3. he's decided to seperate arcade & consoles. it's now "your" choice to have either or both. [ironic] :)

i'm just posting what i see so far... your choice of using coinops 3 or not.

No locks are in CoinOPS 3 at all, it was designed by BP so you get to choose what you want, thats what peple asked for... thats what people got.

:)

@ace9096: thank you, do know if there is any update per say from the mame emu side of things?

@usaidit: most of the time with coinops, i take out everything but the arcade stuff. that's my choice. i just don't know what's going on in this one. a little editing and a little tricking the emu and presto... arcade only. no rips n' stuff. but, if there isn't any real change minus the locks taken out than coinops epic r9 will continue on my xbox.

yes i have owned these games in various forms or another. i don't know if having them owned in the past is considered legit for having them this time around.

i owned and bought sf2, sf2 ce, sf2 turbo, mk1 arcade and sold it... does that mean i am legally allowed to have the roms?

also a neogeo... too samsho, samsho2, etc.. etc.

Edited by tristanx

This isn't an issue of legality or ethics or anything of the sort. What people choose to download is their own business, but when it comes to what is acceptable to discuss within the rules of a community it's a simple matter of respect for developers and the scene as a whole. I do not (and nor does any other developer I know of) consider it acceptable to distribute ROMs with emulators coded by others against their express wishes. I also do not consider it acceptable to distribute full pirated games and to discuss the same on an emulation forum. And I do not consider it acceptable to take the work of others, rebrand it as your own, and then not even have the decency to obey the license of currently active projects by releasing the source.

ace9094, your attitude is typical of the selfish and short-sighted leeches that CoinOPS and other dubious projects like it depend on for their userbase. As long as you're getting your games to play you don't care whose work, whose wishes, or whose rules you have to take a dump on. With people such as yourself around it's a wonder there is any Xbox development left at all. Frankly it's my view that the emulation scene as whole would be the far better off without these 'projects' and without your sort.

Call it what you like, but the above is my opinion and I'll express it wherever I see these sad and shameful practises surface.