A few questions...

crosenblum

First off, I have 2 xbox's, 1 softmodded with 500 gig hd, the other just unmodded.

Right now, I am having problems with getting Coin Ops 2 R10 to work correctly on my xbox, I had never used coin ops 2 before, so I really dont' know what to do lol

I downloaded it, and ftped it over to the correct folder.

When I run it on my xbox, it show's the logo, press any key.

I press a key, and then it says please wait, and goes back to the logo page.

I am sure I did something wrong lol. I just want to have it working.

Do any of you have your favorite emulators, that get the best graphics out of the xbox?

And any suggestions how to launch the emulators from xbmc?

Thanks, and I still love my original xbox.

Make sure all the files copied over correctly. Also if I remember correctly, CoinOPS requires you to have a certain number of games in your 'roms' folder or something ridiculous like that.

To get the best graphics out of your Xbox, you're probably better off with Xbox games but if it's emulator's you're after then (naturally) I would recommend you check out Final Burn Legends. It's an arcade emulator based on FB Alpha with a very polished interface and many options in terms of graphics filters and game configuration. And it doesn't require that you jump through hoops to get it running; just copy the files over to your Xbox, put some ROMs (however many) in the 'roms' folder and enjoy some awesome arcade games looking better than they will on any other emulator. :D

well coinops 2 r10 is a standalone release so no restrictions regarding how many roms you have as far as i know

maybe you should delete it and start again with a clean install if you post 3 times you can recieve personal messages

ill pm you a link to the official forum for this emulator then you can ask the dev for help with this personally

BTW to get the best overall arcade experence you should use coinops fbl and cpx3

Edited by gamez fan

I am totally new to using or working coin ops.

I figured that i had to edit the path.ini to make sure the path settings to the correct roms folder was correct. Is that right?

And i copied a bunch of sega genesis roms to the /roms folder and specificed that path in the path.ini.

And i get to hte home screen, press any key, then keeps waiting then goes back to home page.

Did i miss setting up some paths or xml or ini file somewhere?

And do roms have to be zipped or unzipped?

And i don't get or understand do some roms have to be in different folders?

Thanks..

I am totally new to using or working coin ops.

I figured that i had to edit the path.ini to make sure the path settings to the correct roms folder was correct. Is that right?

And i copied a bunch of sega genesis roms to the /roms folder and specificed that path in the path.ini.

And i get to hte home screen, press any key, then keeps waiting then goes back to home page.

Did i miss setting up some paths or xml or ini file somewhere?

And do roms have to be zipped or unzipped?

And i don't get or understand do some roms have to be in different folders?

Thanks..

dont think im bein cheeky with ya but if your a novice with coinops etc maybe gettin the standalone and tryin to get it going yourself isnt the best way for you

coinops 3 will be out soon maybe it would be best if you grab the full release ftp it to your xbox then everything should work straight away without much

input needed by you

otherwise post again and ill pm you about where to go to ask the dev about your issues with your emulator personally

BTW agree about final burn legends you need to get it for your xbox but to get the most out of the arcade side of emulation youll need coinops as well

If it's Genesis games you want then you should check out Neogenesis which is currently the best emulator for that system available on the Xbox. CoinOPS uses old outdated emulator cores, you're much better off with the latest versions of individual emulators.

Is it too hard to point me to a faq or example of how to get this to work lol?

I have been looking.

I can always do witbout coin ops 2, just want my original xbox to be as sweet as possible.

no its not hard to point you to faqs just against the site rules to post a rival forum link check your PM

• 3 months later...