Yabause?...

destronger

thanks to Asphodel for pointing this out... see link:

the embed option isn't working for me... i dislike youtube even more now. of course i don't know what i'm doing.

edit... som mo news...

info directly from freakdave over at the xtras site:

look what it says:

oh... and he had to pick bobble bubble. why not knights or daytona?

Maybe because of the emulator having problems with 3D titles ?

That's just a guess though...

Haha, i knew you would ask this question :D

Ok, here are the hard facts:

Yes, this video is real. All previous videos (made by someone else) were also real.

This is a preview video showing the port of the Open Source Sega Saturn emulator Yabause to the XBOX. It all started as a proof-of-concept and after almost a year and several disturbing teasers we finally decided to let the cat out of the bag!

As you can see the frame rate is pretty low. This is due the slow processor of the XBOX (733 Mhz) and the fact that YCE is only using the interpreter core, so no, there's no dynarec support. However, it's still faster than the Wii counterpart!

If you haven't already noticed, we are also using a new GUI. It's not finished yet, but it's still very usable.

As you can also see the whole project is in ALPHA state, so what does this mean for you ?

1. there's no ingame menu, all settings need to be changed through the launcher

2. In addition, there's only support for 1 gamepad

3. Frame rates suck for 3D titles, 2D games run at max 75% speed (depends on the settings)

4. It's not possible to launch it via XBMC yet

5. You know when it's gonna be released....

edited to take out links

Edited by tristanx

It all started as a proof-of-concept

Very important part of FreakDave's statement for those who insist on criticizing anything other than their own product.

So like the CPS3 just consider it a fun little sidetrip. However we want to hear from you trusty box owners... would be interesting to see how it runs on a trusty. :P

In other news the sdlx was converted to directX for the misinformed.. :D

Edited by madmab

fantastic news i am looking foward to see how batsugan runs on this as it will be the first time that we will be able to play this game with sound on the old xbox.

i have a modded saturn and it really is fantastic for 2d games.

fantastic news i am looking foward to see how batsugan runs on this as it will be the first time that we will be able to play this game with sound on the old xbox.

Slightly OT but iq_132 has mentioned on the Neosource boards that he's in the process of porting a newer version of the V25 core to FB Alpha which should add sound to Toaplan games like Batusgun and Dogyuun that currently run with no sound.

Exciting stuff about Yabause though. Nice to see real Xbox development is still alive. Kudos to all involved. :D

I've been told by many "experts" in the know, who are close friends of mine btw, that the poor 'ol xbox will nearly xplode trying to emulate the power that is the xbox! Seems the poor 'ol xbox gags at the thought of emulating two SH-2's, 68000, and two (yes I said TWO) VDP's....

Nevermind the fact that I easily came to that conclusion myself. :D

Next up! Dreamcast emu!

You've been warned!

:P:lol: :lol: :P

It all started as a proof-of-concept

Very important part of FreakDave's statement for those who insist on criticizing anything other than their own product.

So like the CPS3 just consider it a fun little sidetrip. However we want to hear from you trusty box owners... would be interesting to see how it runs on a trusty. :lol:

In other news the sdlx was converted to directX for the misinformed.. :D

I will be very excited to try it out, judging from the previous videos released, if they were on the stock xbox, guardian heroes at least should play very well! heres hoping :P