Final Burn Legends 1.7

+ T +

Morning chaps.

I have a quick question regarding CoinOPS and FBL.

Does anyone actually use CoinOPS for FBL stuff? i.e. games that require the FBA core. I can't really see the benefits? You don't get access to the filters, for one (a pretty big one, too). I've not tried the console stuff, but I'm guessing the same deal applies (that is, for example, SNES stuff is simply using - I don't know - a ZSNES core or something, but you still don't get access to the filters from that emulator either)?

I don't get it.

I'm also rather confused as to what the author means whenever he claims that CoinOPS fixes all these bugs that were in the FBA core...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone actually use CoinOPS for FBL stuff? i.e. games that require the FBA core. I can't really see the benefits? You don't get access to the filters, for one (a pretty big one, too). I've not tried the console stuff, but I'm guessing the same deal applies (that is, for example, SNES stuff is simply using - I don't know - a ZSNES core or something, but you still don't get access to the filters from that emulator either)?

I don't get it.

I'm also rather confused as to what the author means whenever he claims that CoinOPS fixes all these bugs that were in the FBA core...

I'm sure some people do but, as you've already noticed, they're selling themselves short by doing so. And it's not just the filters either; the FBA core in CoinOPS doesn't allow configuration of any kind including access to DIP switches and service modes.

As for the "bugs", the last I heard the author was not using FBL but an old version of the FBA core taken from nes6502's Final Burn port. He certainly shouldn't be using any code from FBL since I state in every release that this should not be done without releasing the source (and I've also made it clear that it's my personal wish and the previously expressed wish of nes6502 not to have FBL included in CoinOPS). But in any case, I've found it to be true in the past that the author will often use the term "bugs" extremely loosely to refer to things like tiny reconfigurations of options or controls. The fact is, it's ridiculously simple to keep track of fixes you make in the code, regardless of how small or how many. If these hundreds of "bugs" actually existed and were fixed in CoinOPS, I'm pretty sure they would be shouted about in the changelog.

Any bugs that come to my attention, I will fix. Any "bugs" that don't come to my attention clearly aren't bothering people enough to notice them if they exist at all.

Edited by + T +

well i dont run any games in the FBL core in coinops as ive got FBL 1.7 for the reasons +T+ mentioned dip access etc

but as ya know there's a good few games in coinops that use that core but if your not into extra settings and just wanna

play the games then that'll work for ya

if you like gun games there's a handfull that play better control wise "my opinion" in coinops if using the FBL core so that might be a good reason

for runnin them in that core in coinops

people ask me about FBL elseware some have never heard about it some have but dont want it i always highly recommend it

as i like it and have it myself

regarding the wider implecations of this core being in coinops ive no opinion about that as i just wanna play games

i try and avoid all the drama in this scene if i can help someone whos havin problems or to get the most outta coinops or FBL then its all good

must admit im startin to get sick of all the shit from all sides in this crazy scene never seen anything like it anywhere else my mates cant

believe it either it's like the school f****n playground except were all ment to be adults anyway takin a break from these mental sites

got arkham city and elder scrolls 5 will be playin these till next year time to get back to playin games instead of talkin about them

back on topic :)

didnt know operation wolf 3 played in FBL so i gave it a go loaded the dips and reversed the screen to upright then added easy difficulty,blood, extra life bars and so on but just

cant seem to get the gunsight to calibrate correctly in the gun options

problem is the game has a small box on screen crosshair and the best i can get the FBL crosshair is about half covering the box

which gets really annoying when tryin to play apart from that the game plays really well

so +T+ want to ask can this be sorted by adding an option so you can add or remove the onscreen FBL crosshair like you can in the mame emulators

or do you think you could sort the calibration yourself for next release

Edited by gamez fan

easy fella i was kidding :) but its the roms you do not own you cannot ask for (ask someone to PM you a link ), its ok to talk about the emus with illegal bios files like the ones used for neogeo :) (just kiddin) I dont even know if they use the bios files its just a guess... i just play the games :)

Just to clarify; the forum rules are that you cannot ask for ROMs whether you own the original game or not. Also FBL does not include any illegal bios files; the bios files neogeo.zip and pgm.zip are separate files that are a part of the ROM set.

But, forum rules aside, this is intended as a development thread and it makes it harder for me to keep track of requests and reported bugs if it starts to get bogged down with people making and responding to ROM and/or emulator requests.

so +T+ want to ask can this be sorted by adding an option so you can remove the onscreen FBL crosshair

or do you think you could sort the calibration yourself for next release

I was aware that opwolf3 had calibration issues. But it's currently running at such a poor framerate I didn't think there'd be much interest in playing it this way. Now that I know differently I'll look into.

back on topic :)

Indeed. ;)