Question about state of xbox arcade emulation

visualdef

You can't have "MAME in FBL". They are two entirely different emulators. :)

Unless you mean you'd want the FBL UI to launch MAMEoX via some cheap command line trick. But I would have to ask what's the point of that? All you would end up with is MAMEoX running with none of the features or configurability of the original emulator, much like the old FBA core in CoinOPS. Let me be clear and say that FBL will definitely not be going down that road as long as I'm working on it as I consider that sort of thing to be entirely counterintuitive.

FBL is an Xbox port of Final Burn Alpha and that's the way it's going to stay.

fair point i newbiely assumed if mame 0.84 core was added it would run as part of FBL not side by side

so there would be no benefit for gun games as they would use the mameox controls

so that ends my interest in mame 0.84 being added to FBL wont mention it again

and since +T+ states he has no interest in adding it i suggest you all do the same

dont piss him off by askin for it

Edited by gamez fan

You can't have "MAME in FBL". They are two entirely different emulators. :)

Unless you mean you'd want the FBL UI to launch MAMEoX via some cheap command line trick. But I would have to ask what's the point of that? All you would end up with is MAMEoX running with none of the features or configurability of the original emulator, much like the old FBA core in CoinOPS. Let me be clear and say that FBL will definitely not be going down that road as long as I'm working on it as I consider that sort of thing to be entirely counterintuitive.

FBL is an Xbox port of Final Burn Alpha and that's the way it's going to stay.

:o you gave a valid explanation...

mahalo. :)

"Unless you mean you'd want the FBL UI to launch MAMEoX via some cheap command line trick." <---i like that... made me laugh.

Edited by tristanx