Trackball help- Anyone have one working in FBL?

sharpfork

UPDATED

Can someone help me get one of my trackballs working with FBL on my xBox1. Both trackballs work fine in xbmc4xbox but don't work in FB or COPs.

If I need to buy a different trackball that works, I'm willing to do that if someone can send me a link for one.

I have no idea if it is relevant at all; but, here is the USB info for the two I've already purchased:

PS2toUSB Adapter:

Product ID: 0x0020

Vendor ID: 0x0e8f

Version: 2.80

Speed: Up to 1.5 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Green Asia Corp

Location ID: 0xfa140000

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 500

iMate, USB To ADB Adaptor:

Product ID: 0x0405

Vendor ID: 0x077d

Version: 3.70

Manufacturer: Griffin Technology, Inc.

Location ID: 0xfa140000

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 100

Edited by sharpfork

I was going to add trackball support into mameox starting with the code from coinops, and then testing/changing as needed. I have a trackball here I want to use myself, so it is just a matter of me finding some more time to look at it, if you are happy to wait a short while.

I was going to add trackball support into mameox starting with the code from coinops, and then testing/changing as needed. I have a trackball here I want to use myself, so it is just a matter of me finding some more time to look at it, if you are happy to wait a short while.

Thank you! I can wait.

I hope you are able to leverage some of the USB interface code from XBMC4 xbox since it seems to have a pretty wide range of mouse and trackball support.

:thumbsup1:

Thank you! I can wait.

I hope you are able to leverage some of the USB interface code from XBMC4 xbox since it seems to have a pretty wide range of mouse and trackball support.

:thumbsup1:

the mame license isn't gpl compatible so I can't use code directly from xbmc4xbox. I can use it for reference though for ideas how to make stuff work.

Thanks for showing interest. I've had a hell of a time getting any traction on this issue and would love a trackball because my wife loves centipede and marble madness.

Out of interest; try your trackball in Arkanoid in FBL1.5 and see if it works.

Hello-

I don't seem to be able to get past the Test mode screen in Arkanoid in FBL1.5 but that isn't really a bad thing since it shows the inputs.

In my cab, I can see the P1 and P2 buttons registering in test mode. I tried a regular xbox controller in port one and the left stick registers as the 1P paddle. I tried the two trackballs in all the various ports with no luck.

I also tried my Griffin PowerMate which works as a mouse in XBMC and does work on Arkanoid and Tron in CoinOPs2. It does not work in FBL1.5.

I'm happy to test any combinations you would like me to try. For reference, this is the info I get from the PowerMate when I plug it into my mac:

Griffin PowerMate:

Product ID: 0x0410

Vendor ID: 0x077d

Version: 1.09

Manufacturer: Griffin Technology, Inc.

Out of interest; try your trackball in Arkanoid in FBL1.5 and see if it works.

Out of curiosity, what kind of data would I need to provided to help enable support? Is the info I provided with the Product and Vendor ID enough? I pulled that from my mac laptop but can check in windoze or linux if it would help.

Thanks to all who have provided these awesome emus! :)

Unfortunately I've no idea how I would go about adding support for a trackball device in FBL. By asking you to test Arkanoid I was hoping that FB Alpha's built-in mouse support might allow it to work but it seems that the mouse is only emulated by the analog stick and there is no actual mouse support in FBL.