The 1emulation proposal to reboot! GAMECOP LOOK!

emsley

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it happens, it will have to be early next year as I am bogged down with work. Honestly guys, all I need is a reliable soul who can help us upgrade the place. I have been paying to keep this place alive every month and have paid for the domain for years to come. I love you all, but I just don't have much time anymore.

I thought of some 1Emu reboot ideas -- but it's going to be tricky. Again, I'm probably going to need miskie's help for a well coordinated upgrade. And history has told us every upgrade has been absolute hell. If we get a successful upgrade done & want this site to prosper, we got to start going in the direction of emulators on console systems rather than PCs. IMO, the main focus for any emulators on the PC should be Wii/GC/PS2 emulation. I'd probably also kill about 70% of the subforums we have and put them either in more general categories or in a closed subforum.

There you have it. I'm always watching and always logging in. If you want to reach me, send a PM.

Screw this whole "upgrade" crap with Invision...Invision has become a piece of twisted swiss cheese for security bloatware that causes problems for PAYING customers like yourself.

I say we go PHPBB, since 3 came out it's been leaps and bounds ahead of Invision...and it's free.

I'd gladly handle getting it all setup, and migrating the database. If you would like I could do a test setup on my own host, and get everything to where it should be before implementing it here.

Screw this whole "upgrade" crap with Invision...Invision has become a piece of twisted swiss cheese for security bloatware that causes problems for PAYING customers like yourself.

I say we go PHPBB, since 3 came out it's been leaps and bounds ahead of Invision...and it's free.

I'd gladly handle getting it all setup, and migrating the database. If you would like I could do a test setup on my own host, and get everything to where it should be before implementing it here.

Cinder is a long serving member Gamecop why not allow it?

You sure you can handle this Cinder?

Im pretty sure there will be some bad ass lines of code to edit.

Lord snow is also a whizz with this stuff, maybe its time some fresh blood came in?

Cinder is a long serving member Gamecop why not allow it?

You sure you can handle this Cinder?

Im pretty sure there will be some bad ass lines of code to edit.

Lord snow is also a whizz with this stuff, maybe its time some fresh blood came in?

I've handled larger projects than a simple forum, and am more than capable of handling this. The only real work would be database migration, which even if I imported tables by hand would be a job of less than an hour.

My little "store" in my sig alone incorporates several mods, a few of which I wrote myself that aren't apparent outside the admin side of things.

I might take some time today to set things up on my host.