The 1emulation proposal to reboot! GAMECOP LOOK!

emsley

Greetings 1emu, nut hugs.

For the past year we have been sat around with our thumb up our ass as the forum has slowly been ignored.

This can not continue to happen. How can the community care if the people that run the site don't show up?

This is the key issue here. The simple answer is, they wont.

If I was getting all the hits that 1emu gets I would be thinking "Man I can still do something with this" ok maybe not make oodles of money but I would be happy with the fact that I had a successful site that was used.

The Proposal as I see it and feel free to join in:

1. The forum skin is boring and far too light, I would love to see a darker theme.

2. Can the forum attack system be re installed? Do we still have access to skilled coders?

3. If the forum software in some kind of trouble with installing new updates? Does it have some kind of licence? Or is the forum like this for technical reasons that no one is willing to work on? Where do we stand at a technical point?

4. Will Gamecop make another effort?

I can totally understand where the GC is coming from on this, he has seen the forum rise to a very heavily used place and dwindle down to the "hardcore" and Xbox section. HE knows more than we know about this place!!! But that does not explain why he wont update the place?

5. I'd like to see a return to an under ground environment.

Underground forums that don't advertise pull in a lot of users.

6. The forums need trimming down a LOT.

Far too many category's old not used and out dated.

What do you guys think and what would you like to see happen?

Because honestly I'm getting to the point that I do not want to continue flogging this place in hope it re-establishes its former glory's.

A lot of you guys might think that its "dead" and not "cool" anymore.

You and I both know all that can change at the drop of a hat.

Facebook and all the other bullshit have ruined forums like this, I for one say fuck that!

Lets bring his bitch up to speed you cock suckers!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a lot of great users here and even though inkster will get pissed at the nut hugging, I see no reason as to why we cant enjoy our selfs here again.

Hell if this place is done up I'll go buy new strings for my guitar and do another show.

I Dont give a fuck! it's how I roll.

Gamecop logged on: Last Seen: Yesterday, 06:57 AM lets stalk him.

I think this candy coated bullshit is what killed us. an emulation site needs to host something to survive. you want this place to come back to life? make it a Private torrent tracker that specializes in ROMS and Emulators. attach the forums to that. shit can all the subforums. 1 forum for each branch of emulation and an off topic for bullshitting. DO NOT host developers or allow them to conduct bullshit in the forums. they can open their own blog on wordpress for that ass licking shit. DO NOT give devs mod powers... EVER. do not tolorate pissing matches EVER.

I think this candy coated bullshit is what killed us. an emulation site needs to host something to survive. you want this place to come back to life? make it a Private torrent tracker that specializes in ROMS and Emulators. attach the forums to that. shit can all the subforums. 1 forum for each branch of emulation and an off topic for bullshitting. DO NOT host developers or allow them to conduct bullshit in the forums. they can open their own blog on wordpress for that ass licking shit. DO NOT give devs mod powers... EVER. do not tolorate pissing matches EVER.

agree with everything you said but hosting illegal roms on here might get the site owners into big bother

maybe relaxing the rules on posting links to emulators and roms would be enough

One of the reasons I let my moderator stuff go was that you would start a topic get it closed or say you would tell some fucker to stop screwing around and another mod would come in and overrule you.

This forum was better when it was a bit more bad ass.

Dont get me wrong, I have been to forums as real as you can get, football forums etc and those places are full of fucking super cunts, you dont want a forum full of hard asses, you need balance.

Anyway I just hope the cop shows up now and we can get a "yes or no" answer to our demands.

Fuck man as i recall when i showed back up at 1emu it was still a bit busy, its like i give it the kiss of death and all i did was post shit.

I remember the days that I can go into a thread, read all the posts, and actually reply to the thread with the feeling that it was useful information. Now I don't bother half the time, feels pointless. I went from posting 15 times a day to 1 or 2.

One of the reasons I let my moderator stuff go was that you would start a topic get it closed or say you would tell some fucker to stop screwing around and another mod would come in and overrule you.

This forum was better when it was a bit more bad ass.

Dont get me wrong, I have been to forums as real as you can get, football forums etc and those places are full of fucking super cunts, you dont want a forum full of hard asses, you need balance.

Anyway I just hope the cop shows up now and we can get a "yes or no" answer to our demands.

Fuck man as i recall when i showed back up at 1emu it was still a bit busy, its like i give it the kiss of death and all i did was post shit.

I still remember the day i found out that you guys were banning people for one day, and I was banning people for a week. Good times.

In the real world:

Guy1: Hey [GameCop's real name], didnt you like own a forum or something?

GC: Yeah, that was a long time ago

Guy1: Well is it still going on?

GC: *Sigh* Dude, I think the site went down...

Guy1:You should go and check on it one day.

GC: *SIgh*..... Yeah maybe not...