mameox128 plus sources

exobuzz

cba.gy is right. Unfortunately, HK$ never released his sources. If he had I would have been sorely tempted to do some work on MAMEoX128 Plus myself. I don't know if it's possible to contact him but he hasn't posted here for a long time.

cba.gy is right. Unfortunately, HK$ never released his sources. If he had I would have been sorely tempted to do some work on MAMEoX128 Plus myself. I don't know if it's possible to contact him but he hasn't posted here for a long time.

its a pity HK$ never released his source would have liked to have seen +T+ work on mameox360

makes no sense to me if your done with something or no longer have the time to work on it

why just not put it out there so others can carry on what you started

makes no sense to me if your done with something or no longer have the time to work on it

It's even simpler a matter than that. The mame license states specifically you must release the source. It should have been done along with the binary release. I realise when it comes to xbox binaries the license issue regarding the xdk is a tricky one, but there is really no excuse to shaft the creators of the source we have all benefited from, by not adhering to their license. Unfortunately, it seems a far too common practise on the xbox1.

Edited by exobuzz

Oh and in the meantime, I have uploaded the source to github

https://github.com/exobuzz/mameox

I converted the old sourceforge cvs to git first (so we have the old history), then overlayed/updated to the last source from XPort. It's a starting point for me at least.

I plan to pull the mouse support out of http://code.google.com/p/coinops/ as a next step and make sure it all works on my system.

Edited by exobuzz

its a pity HK$ never released his source would have liked to have seen +T+ work on mameox360

Any work I would have possibly done on MAMEoX128 Plus would have been for the original Xbox. The 360 doesn't interest me at all as a platform. I agree with exobuzz that it's extremely unfortunate that more sources to open-source projects ported to the Xbox have not been made available.

Any work I would have possibly done on MAMEoX128 Plus would have been for the original Xbox. The 360 doesn't interest me at all as a platform. I agree with exobuzz that it's extremely unfortunate that more sources to open-source projects ported to the Xbox have not been made available.

im an idiot sometimes hey maybe most of the time i misread the post