Mega Man (?)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soldiering xbox controllers/ wiring the pads to arcade controls

not easy for me!

please help!

I had a super hard time soldering as well and I've solder many console chips in. I was told that this one is pretty easy but has two grounds, one for the dpad and another bor the buttons.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/designer-s-wi...0cm-cable-47610

I just ordered one a few days ago to make a guide.

If you are in a hurry, you have the $, and you did end up getting a j-pac, you might want to look at this:

X-Box Control Adaptor + X-Box AV to J-PAC/Speaker Adaptor from http://www.ultimarc.com/xba.html

or two dual strikes from http://www.arcadeforge.de/

@megaman...why did you choose the xbox timer ? It is known the video signal isnt very good...lots of interference.

...try to look for the ultimarc solution...it comes with a powerful video ampli...or the easiest solution ..you can order a

console 2 jamma adapter on shmups..made by viletim....video quality is really great..and you can plug any console

on your cab...combine it with a MC Cthulhu and enjoy :D

Thanks alot guys!! :)

Sparta , do you have any good links? I am not familiar with the items you listed. (but I could find out)

I chose the timer board out of pure ignorance :P

I am now wondering, if I am using any of these tools... will I have to completely re-route my Jamma harness?

The cab I have included a kick harness....

How is this compensated in the setup?

If I do have to take out pins... what is the best way....

I had a hell of a time trying to get one out (that was loose ) , it works now... but i broke some of the plastic trying to get it out :/

Thanks again

PS. Again with the xbox timer board.... I had sound and video working.... but I had not a single button working for me in any way.. (they are still sending me another one to try)

PS 2

Sharpfork,

That diagram link to the controllers was not very clear on where the positive and negatives were for some of the buttons... do you think you could help me out with that?

I am really interested in trying the TV + Xbox way, for I have another cab, now with a broken monitor.

I tried scratching off the contact pads but I scratched too deep down to the board and now I think I have broken 2 controllers :/ (only cause it would not stick)

I also could not get the solider to stick for the life of me , on these parts ,

I think I will be using the old duke (big) controllers for these

@megaman...why did you choose the xbox timer ? It is known the video signal isnt very good...lots of interference.

...try to look for the ultimarc solution...it comes with a powerful video ampli...or the easiest solution ..you can order a

console 2 jamma adapter on shmups..made by viletim....video quality is really great..and you can plug any console

on your cab...combine it with a MC Cthulhu and enjoy :P

i'm interested in these links too.