Jamma Cab help

Mega Man (?)

I was building console2jamma cabinet since mid 90's, beginning from pc-engine followed by saturn,

Pc based emulation growing i considered an arcade-OS installation for a while but never satisfied

with the feeling / ergonomic / boot time and overall plus not interested in later 3d games and upgrading

hardware having scan rate issue to mess with.

Since Xbox was the cheapest solution to restore a cab and keep a CRT look, i found easier to replace the inside with a RGB TV

keeping his 'front panel' shortened on the side by dremel and black painted (side speakers remounted behind the marquee )

then you don't have to worry about handling the whole tube, it's still partially attached to the front plastic shell which itself leaning mostly on support.

Fastest way to get the things up IMO, bonus, you can use remote to control volume and keep media input

This is a Qix empty cabinet that was given, just had to replace some parts and drill extra holes.

Edited by Garcimak

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys...

so I got my cab!

...And I have been busily tearing it apart and cleaning it.

I am wondering about button config CPO's

I have one... and I actually took it to be printed as just a test... but it printed too small...

The printing place was gonna charge me $10 to re-size it... :P

not that I would do that.... and also I was not sure what the right size was...

Any advice?:

I would imagine that these templates would come in the right sizes....

Here is the one I am working with right now:

capcom.png

(thanks to Ace for his continued help!)

ps. I am looking for this one in a high res format :) :

capcomdirections.jpg

Edited by Mega Man (?)

• 2 weeks later...
Well I bought one of these weeks ago : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...mMakeTrack=true

I bought it from this site:

Recommended from that other thread : http://www.coin-arcade.com/catalog/i22.html

as you can see the site is no longer there :D

and I have yet to receive my item! :P

I contacted the guy from coin-arcade who is also the same guy on eBay. I'll PM you his email so you can get ahold of him.

• 3 weeks later...

pics soon! I promise :D

any one have any advise for soldering wire to a game pad contact point? I cant get it to stick

EDIT:

I got the ebay timer board.... the video and the sound worked.... but the sound was loud as hell!

(any ideas on how to add sound volume controls? )

But....!

The controllers did not work at all... I could not get a single button working.... :lol:

I told the guy... and after much dicking around, they are sending me a new one to try out . :P

Will let you know!

Edited by Mega Man (?)