CoinOps2 Pointer Help (Adding Xbox Games)

KingPango

Right, so I've been pulling my hair out ever since I managed to get this up and running. Firstly I'd like to thank everyone's work for the fantastic upload and great work thus far. Can't thank you enough :)

Currently I'm running (to my knowledge) the latest installment of Coinops2 (FULL). Took couple of days to download and another simply to unpack and FTP everything over but well worth the wait.

I would however like to add more games to the list (mainly my Xbox games). After much frustration and a heap of trail and error. I managed to get some programs to convert videos into .xmv's (damn that took ages). Also managed to get the game (just testing one at the moment) to show in the list of games, and have the corresponding video play in the background (finally).

I go to start the game and get: Black screen, wait..... then dashboard. In a fit of rage, I quickly head back to the ReadMe section of the download but still unable to get the blasted thing to work. No matter what I try, it always seems to be the same. Black screen, wait..... dashboard.

My current directories are as follows:

F:\Games\Xbox Games...

F:\Apps\CoinOps2....

Now I've also tried the following "pointer" setups:

Roms\Xbox_gamename.zip (containing the corrosponding pointer which reads F:\Games\Xbox Games\Game Name\default.xbe)

Result: Failed

Roms\Xbox_gamename.zip (blank .zip file)

Roms\Xbox_gamename.xbe (pointer file which reads F:\Games\Xbox Games\Game Name\default.xbe)

Results: Failed

Roms\Xbox_gamename.xbe (pointer file which reads F:\Games\Xbox Games\Game Name\default.xbe)

Results: Failed (game not even detected)

If I could please get some help on this, that would be greatly appreciated. I have asked elsewhere and have come up empty handed. Ive also spent countless nights trying to nut it out but have failed. There also doesn't appear to be any information about this issue on the internet either?

im apologize for posting the link........

crazy.... you try and help someone....

This place is becoming tumble weed city and I can see why.... who cares about the link, i mean really?

its not an illegal link posting to roms... Its a link to offer HELP to someone who needs it...

COINOPS, BP, ERROR404, COINOPS2 BLAH BLAH BLAH am i gonna get A WARNING OR A BAN for mentioning his name or emulator or speaking my mind?

i loved this place at 1 time... not just for coinops but for the people and the fact they HELP people on all kinds of subjects.

This place is becoming tumble weed city and I can see why.... who cares about the link, i mean really?

its not an illegal link posting to roms... Its a link to offer HELP to someone who needs it...

COINOPS, BP, ERROR404, COINOPS2 BLAH BLAH BLAH am i gonna get A WARNING OR A BAN for mentioning his name or emulator or speaking my mind?

i loved this place at 1 time... not just for coinops but for the people and the fact they HELP people on all kinds of subjects.

well... the shoe is on the other foot. emuxtras can't be linked but you can say google it and you'll get what you need, so if you say emulabs and google it i think that is ok.

i went to the site and it's dull... there's a post saying that mame should be taken out of coinops... ;)

i like coinops before the consoles added but... i'll leave that alone. :)

Edited by tristanx

well... the shoe is on the other foot. emuxtras can't be linked but you can say google it and you'll get what you need, so if you say emulabs and google it i think that is ok.

i went to the site and it's dull... there's a post saying that mame should be taken out of coinops... ;)

i like coinops before the consoles added but... i'll leave that alone. :)

the site has been open 3 weeks.... and im sure its had many many more hits that this place, but thats not what its about. its about helping people who want it

as i jave said before and I will say AGAIN.... I like the Xtras stuff, always have always will.... what I do not like is the BS war between everyone so I stay out... I piped up as someone needed help and got turned away by Link over a LINK (kinda ironic) whoever said no posting xtras links wernt me...!

I mentioned in before about links in signatures and copywrite stuff but that was not aimed at xtras , it was again a point about me teling people where to get help and files for coinops.

I grabbed the xtras stuff and SEEDED for AGES.... same with the MSX stuff recently I seeded over 70gb...

I love coinOPS as its in my cab and eveything just looks nicer accessable in one place and is hands down the best thing on xbox 64 or 128 tusty boxes !

its annoying when people wont help someone else because that got issues with someone else.... im mean WTF????

If you read the post by Mclane, he has not asked for mame to be removed... He just did not want roms that dont work being added to coinops like you see in mame...

anyone else wanna pipe up ??? feel free

Edited by ace9094

i went to the site and it's dull... there's a post saying that mame should be taken out of coinops... :huh:

i like coinops before the consoles added but... i'll leave that alone. :P

the site has been open 3 weeks.... and im sure its had many many more hits that this place, but thats not what its about. its about helping people who want it

as i jave said before and I will say AGAIN.... I like the Xtras stuff, always have always will.... what I do not like is the BS war between everyone so I stay out... I piped up as someone needed help and got turned away by Link over a LINK (kinda ironic) whoever said no posting xtras links wernt me...!

I mentioned in before about links in signatures and copywrite stuff but that was not aimed at xtras , it was again a point about me teling people where to get help and files for coinops.

I grabbed the xtras stuff and SEEDED for AGES.... same with the MSX stuff recently I seeded over 70gb...

I love coinOPS as its in my cab and eveything just looks nicer accessable in one place and is hands down the best thing on xbox 64 or 128 tusty boxes !

its annoying when people wont help someone else because that got issues with someone else.... im mean WTF????

If you read the post by Mclane, he has not asked for mame to be removed... He just did not want roms that dont work being added to coinops like you see in mame...

anyone else wanna pipe up ??? feel free

reread mclanes post... your right.

not trying to start anything brother... i know it's annoying. but unfortunetly thems the rules here.

Edited by tristanx