It was 10 years ago today...

Robert

9/11 yes 10 YEARS ago, seems like yesterday.

For me, it happened around midnight. I had gone to bed, but left the VCR to tape an episode of Star Trek so I could watch it the next afternoon. But, there was no Star Trek, there was the north tower on fire. Soon a plane came along and hit the south tower, which later collapsed. Then the tape ended.

Then days, weeks, months of TV stories and so on until we all got bored with it. With it came the so-called "war on terror", and all the problems that caused.

What are your memories of that day? Were you shocked, outraged? Who do you blame?

I was in middle school then, homeroom just started and a teacher from the other end of the hall ran bursting into our room (and every room before/after that) screaming "The twin towers just got hit by a plane!". I remember being confused, I just recently went to New York 2 summers ago and the only thing my brain knew about the twin towers was that they were big buildings :).

Terrorists and all that shit, was so confusing at the time to hear all that crap :/. To be honest the only shit I cared about was my Aunt/Cousin that lived in the heights, we got a phone call from them that same night though it was all good.

i was working that day on wee house that was just a shell had no radio with me

so i knew nothing about it when i finished at 2pm and thought ill nip down the pub and wash the plaster out my mouth

ill never forget the sight when i walked in there and saw the big tv screen and those planes slamming into the twin towers like

everyone else i just stood there stunned had never seen anything like it and never want to again

I had just got up to go to work. At that time I worked 2nd shift at a factory. I had a relative that worked in the South Tower and desperately tried to get a hold of her. All I got repeatedly was her voice-mail. She was never found. It was a very sad day for me and I called in for work. :) The one thing though that sticks in my mind was how quiet it was for a couple days after since all flights were grounded. It was strange to hear no planes in the air.

I blame the leaders of the United States for making it so easy for immigrants to get papers and attend schools over here. I always said we would regret it one day and be a target of terrorism.

I also think that the people on the plane that was intended for Washington were very brave to take over that plane and cause it to crash. They are true HEROES.

dont agree at all with the last post but i guess thats what free speech is all about

heres my 2 cents you have to go back to the end of world war 2 and the birth of the cold war for the reasons 9/11 happened

read some history books watch some documentaries and follow the russia usa conflicts which happend all over the globe cost

uncounted millions their lifes and freedoms and follow it through to the modern day

pay good attention to the russian campain in afganistan the answers lie there

oh and get ready for the new cold war which will likely be the west usa uk europe etc vs china

shit im drunk misread the last post i thought you ment the guys that took over the planes were heros

of course i agree that the passengers who took over the plane and made it crash are TRUE HEROS

Edited by gamez fan

Am I the only one sick and tired of hearing about this shit? Horrible things happen around the world every day, yet this is constantly rabbled on about like it's the worst thing in history...

I'm not being insensitive to it, I just think it's time to put it to rest and cut out the constant yapping about it and trying to put it in the spotlight.

Am I the only one sick and tired of hearing about this shit? Horrible things happen around the world every day, yet this is constantly rabbled on about like it's the worst thing in history...

I'm not being insensitive to it, I just think it's time to put it to rest and cut out the constant yapping about it and trying to put it in the spotlight.

I got tired of hearing about it the day after it happened.

I woke up 7am with my mom because my step father had an appointment. At the time he wasn't able to walk anymore, cancer had already gotten through most of his body where the docs had insisted that they sever his arm and one of his legs and so at that time and he used a Wheelchair to get around. Where he were headed to was a hospital building (that i'm not able to remember the name of), some where in lower Manhattan.

When we got down to lower Manhattan, the doctors asked him to stay for his leukemia treatment but refused so we would do a lot of traveling from the Bronx to lower Manhattan and back. As we were walking to the train station in City Hall we heard this loud buzzing sound and shortly after a crash that sounded like thunder that just wouldn't stop and from there everyone began talking about a plane hitting a building... As we were walking down into the train station everyone was leaving, one of the MTA workers' tells us to leave the station and that it was closed because of a plane hitting a buildings is what he described it as. So we didn't have any means of transportation. We walked a few blocks and finally saw what all the commotion was all about. Something i clearly didn't recognize at all until we over heard and someone in the street that one of the twin towers was struct by a plane, after watching from a very far distance there was another plane and from there you can already guess what happened. Everyone in the street was like they just lost their sanity like who they were and when one of them fell was when everyone completely went insane, people started running, crying screaming 'oh my god', there were people jumping over cars and some were actually runned over by other people and there were others who were running the opposite direction going after there cars, it was this mess of confusion. Eventually, we had to walk further away but as we did the second tower had just collapsed and it was just really horrible, the smoke was already thickening and you can see that even from 10 blocks away it was becoming foggy. Finally, we ended up walking from Manhattan to the Bronx.

Later that day in the evening when we finally got home, we were exhausted and i was just shocked watching television only made it much worse. Of course the conditions of lower Manhattan were so bad that it was closed down for a couple of weeks followed by an evacuation. My step father was very ill at the time, he wasn't able to get his treatments as often as before and so he died a week after the attacks on 9/11. I know he's not a victim but for me he was very important in my life, he was someone that made me feel good and raised me like i was his son. I had just started high school that year and i had never felt alone so much in my whole entire life that year, it was horrible.. My perspective and surroundings definitely changed, i definitely changed (especially within the last 10yrs). I found the emulation-scene because of that loneliness, i started opening myself to hobbies and eventually that has matured greatly. However, i don't know what to make of any of this. Starting hobbies is one thing, but feeding your loneliness with hobbies is another.