a trusty upgrade guide for noobs

gamez fan

theres been alot of talk about trustys upgrades on several topics recently ive heard about these upgrades but dont know

the main reasons for getting one plus any downsides to this upgrade

can anyone who knows more about this or actually has a trusty box please provide some more info about this

or at least a link to somewhere we trusty noobs can find out more

theres been alot of talk about trustys upgrades on several topics recently ive heard about these upgrades but dont know

the main reasons for getting one plus any downsides to this upgrade

can anyone who knows more about this or actually has a trusty box please provide some more info about this

or at least a link to somewhere we trusty noobs can find out more

you can email trusty, i think a mainboard with CPU and Ram upgrade plus heatsync is about $220 so roughly £150

make sure you order the correct board for your box.... no point ordering a v1.1 if you got a v1.6

I really want one but just cant afford it, and to be honest there aint enough games to warrent me getting one unless i come intio some money, or get a little win on the football....

Maybe one day you will see a coinops 128mb version that has only games 64mb cant handle... Im sure it was discussed months ago but dont quote me....

Trusty does some good work, i've never had an issue with my board. However when he first started doing this he was doing 1.0GHZ/128mb ram mobos but now all he does is 1.4ghz with 128mb ram. He also can do just the ram upgrade too. My 1.0ghz board has been kicking ass for 2 years now and all i did was redo thermal paste for some extra cooling as it did run alittle hotter than normal.

You can mail him your motherboard to have the mods dont but it cannot be a 1.6 as there is no place on the mobo for extra ram on the version.

He's a very cool guy and very nice. Even with people having heat issues with the new 1.4ghz boards he was cool and helped any way he could.

Lately to combat the heat issues he's been adding upgraded heatsinks but if you need for info on those just ask Philexile as he got the perfect

copper heatsink for those boards.

Advantages...........XBMC is alittle snapier even though it does not take advantage of the extra ram. Some MP4's will play just fine and getting

some 720p movies to work is much easier. Again, i only have a 1.0ghz board so Phil might be the best person to ask about the advantages of

the new boards.

Hope this helps someone,

Nextelhalo