Chihiro arcade games running on 128mb ram modded Xboxes.

fumanchu

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The speed was normal during 1st level (on a trusty 1.4G /128MB ) i'll try ta make a video for all to see ASAP.

sorry further testing later as am away from home without a gun to play cross hair by analog make it hard to enjoy...

Garcimak, if you can make short clip of VC3 it would be great.

Maybe the slowdown exists only in Normal and Hard missions.. Can you try all 3 of em?

Does anyone have a video of these games actually running on an xbox?

Currently only game which seem to work is Virtua Cop 3 (headline is really misleading :peopleseybrow: )

Edited by FrankMorris

Ok guys some news about this

tested with 128mb Trusty board Bios X2 5035 (game stored in E:/GAMES/VCOP3)

CRT TV /RGB scart cable :

--> hangs on black screen (reboots when EJECT)

CRT TV /COMPOSITE Cinch cable :

--> 'STARTING UP VIRTUA COP 3' on screen,

brings the DISCLAIMER screen, you can go further but it is slow as hell...

Same behaviour described, you can hear normal music though.

Compare to 'normal start' on component input, timing are slow from launch.

That makes me think video output could be the issue

not the ghz upgrade..

I have to retry and film on a lcd projector tonight it's the only way

i can manage 480P - COMPONENT INPUT - (but no more gun option possible :/ )

Maybe xbe can be patched to output analog V-signal.

Edited by Garcimak

Update, noticed the same behaviour when testing on component, the game is starting at full speed only with a

mem card mounted, in my way to test if the game is ckecking the presence of a memory card inserted,...

Quick edit : it's driving me crazy, after removing mem card, it's now launching good i can't understand (still on 128MB 1.4G )

i ll check again on a crt in a couple of days, and post a (bad) gameplay video

current gameplay with joypad sight

You can see this is awful to play without light gun...

yes i was one of the first to buy one back when it had the heating problem i was very careful with it never used it without an AC turned on in the room

the last time i was ftp coinops 2 to it 23gb i turned it off and it never turned on again :( i contact trusty and he tried to help out i did everything he told me

and still no go but it was totally worth it to own one even for 6 month i enjoyed it next time i will order 2 from him :peopleseybrow:

I HOPE NEXT TIME I ORDER FROM HIM I WILL GET A DISCOUNT IAM A REGULAR AFTER ALL :)

Too bad 1st batch had overheating problem (like 360's) but he can fix that, i know of some member that returns him the board later installation was more durable,

stays under and around 50°c when used, Shipping was the most expensive of all at but overall incredible change due to china, worth the 'risk' afterall.

Edited by Garcimak

That's great garcimak, now we have proof of concept to the rest of the world out there! :)

So it works great if you launch the normal xbe? Interesting.. What happens if you launch vc3_t.xbe?

Real Chihi only have 700mhz according to Wikipedia, so I'm pretty optimistic it is possible to run this without the 1.4ghz CPU as well..

Just curious, did you 1400mhz patched the game before using it?

That's great garcimak, now we have proof of concept to the rest of the world out there! :)

:unsure: Stress my a**, when i was stuck on slow motion yesterday, fine hello world finally :)

So it works great if you launch the normal xbe? Interesting.. What happens if you launch vc3_t.xbe?

Resuts black screen, you can hear 1sec of drive read, then nothing.

I m maybe wrong somewhere, test menu won't show up.

Real Chihi only have 700mhz according to Wikipedia, so I'm pretty optimistic it is possible to run this without the 1.4ghz CPU as well..

Just curious, did you 1400mhz patched the game before using it?

Nope throwed as it is.

Edited by Garcimak