Chihiro arcade games running on 128mb ram modded Xboxes.

fumanchu

Trusty is actually from China and postage is much less than you'd expect. Also, once you see the amount of work he does on the upgraded board, you'll be shocked at how little you paid. Seriously.

The only way this works out is because China's exchange rate is so low. The dollar (or the Euro or Pound) will go very far there. Otherwise it wouldn't be work.

As far as I know, Trusty is the only person who ever did this sort of thing. Although, I think some company did this when the Xbox was first out as some sort of promotion. I'm not sure if they were ever sold commercially though.

Just to bring this back to topic, for Chihiro games, it sounds like the 128 upgrade alone will do it - so you don't necessarily need the CPU upgrade. I think that the RAM upgrade alone was very inexpensive - far less expensive than I remember people charging for them in the States.

trustys from the usa might be pricey for the upgrade plus postage heard of anyone in the uk who would have the skill to do it

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlo,

Have you actually tried these emulators? I didn't think they were actually available. Please elaborate.

You're saying they run 2fps, which doesn't make sense since the whole point is that the hardware (aside from the RAM) is identical to the Xbox. Its not like trying to emulate foreign 3D hardware in MAME.

is it me or this game run 2 frame persecond the music sound is perfect no slowdown but the frame of the animation is too slow to be playable i couldn't even press start :peopleseybrow:

hi yes its available at emu-extra its about 300mb to download but its not worth it i tried it on 2 128ram xboxes and the result is the same very slow not playable i dont know maybe iam doing something wrong too bad my trusty xbox died on me 3 month ago and no repair for it so i cant tested to see if its a CPU power problem or something else :)

Carlo,

Have you actually tried these emulators? I didn't think they were actually available. Please elaborate.

You're saying they run 2fps, which doesn't make sense since the whole point is that the hardware (aside from the RAM) is identical to the Xbox. Its not like trying to emulate foreign 3D hardware in MAME.

is it me or this game run 2 frame persecond the music sound is perfect no slowdown but the frame of the animation is too slow to be playable i couldn't even press start :peopleseybrow:

Edited by carlo3do

Low FPS makes perfectly sense if we actually need 256mb or more (which isn't possible)

We need more input from 128mb users!! How's the speed?

The speed was normal during 1st level (on a trusty 1.4G /128MB ) i'll try ta make a video for all to see ASAP.

sorry further testing later as am away from home without a gun to play cross hair by analog make it hard to enjoy...

@carlo3do

With your Trusty board i suspect overheating issue, did you motherboad fried by cpu ?

was it from the 1st batch ?

Edited by Garcimak

yes i was one of the first to buy one back when it had the heating problem i was very careful with it never used it without an AC turned on in the room

the last time i was ftp coinops 2 to it 23gb i turned it off and it never turned on again :( i contact trusty and he tried to help out i did everything he told me

and still no go but it was totally worth it to own one even for 6 month i enjoyed it next time i will order 2 from him :peopleseybrow:

I HOPE NEXT TIME I ORDER FROM HIM I WILL GET A DISCOUNT IAM A REGULAR AFTER ALL :)

Carlo,

You should definitely contact him. I'm guessing that he will help you out in any case. Overheating isn't an issue as long as you do some modifications to the case and/or use the included fan at 100%. Also, I think he recently redesigned the heatsink, so any of these issues should be a thing of the past.

But ya - contact him. I've had mine over a year and its going strong. I did focus on getting the cooling exceptionally good during the first few months though. Currently, my temps max out at 100-105 degrees F for the GPU and 120-125 for the CPU. That's after hours of playing too.

By the way, did you try swapping out the PSU? A lot of times, that's the issue.

Good luck

yes i was one of the first to buy one back when it had the heating problem i was very careful with it never used it without an AC turned on in the room

the last time i was ftp coinops 2 to it 23gb i turned it off and it never turned on again :( i contact trusty and he tried to help out i did everything he told me

and still no go but it was totally worth it to own one even for 6 month i enjoyed it next time i will order 2 from him :peopleseybrow:

I HOPE NEXT TIME I ORDER FROM HIM I WILL GET A DISCOUNT IAM A REGULAR AFTER ALL :)

Trusty is actually from China and postage is much less than you'd expect. Also, once you see the amount of work he does on the upgraded board, you'll be shocked at how little you paid. Seriously.

The only way this works out is because China's exchange rate is so low. The dollar (or the Euro or Pound) will go very far there. Otherwise it wouldn't be work.

As far as I know, Trusty is the only person who ever did this sort of thing. Although, I think some company did this when the Xbox was first out as some sort of promotion. I'm not sure if they were ever sold commercially though.

Just to bring this back to topic, for Chihiro games, it sounds like the 128 upgrade alone will do it - so you don't necessarily need the CPU upgrade. I think that the RAM upgrade alone was very inexpensive - far less expensive than I remember people charging for them in the States.

trustys from the usa might be pricey for the upgrade plus postage heard of anyone in the uk who would have the skill to do it

Trusty is actually in China so it could be cheaper on shipping if your in the UK. haha Phil, beat me by seconds there.

yeh im wrong there was a guy selling on ioffer called trustymod thought it was him your were talking about