Final Burn Consoles 1.1

+ T +

Final Burn Consoles 1.1

Just a minor update. Normally, I would take the same approach as FBL and wait until a few new features/fixes have built up before making another release. But I'm not anticipating needing to update FBC very often so I figured I'd throw this out now. I noticed that MESS also emulates the Neo Geo AES and CPS Changer so I decided to switch to the same naming convention. Also 2 more CPS Changer sets have been added.

Enjoy!

+ T +

What's New:

- Fixed 2 CPS Changer games appearing in Neo Geo list.

- Updated AES and CPS set names in line with MESS.

- Removed shocktro (was never released as an AES cartridge)

- Added the following CPS Changer sets:

Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams (Publicity US 950727)

Street Fighter Zero (Brazil 950727)

Nice, solved a few issues for me.

Need to remind you to get on the Alpha/Transparency for png previews please so i can knock a 3d BoxArt set out for this emu.

are the rom sets (neogeo & cp changer) the same for fbc & fbl?

my concern is having to many of the same roms. hard drive space is limited.

Edited by tristanx

Many of the ROMs are different since FBC uses cartridge dumps as parent sets wherever possible rather than arcade boards. The 2 emulators may be based on the same code but they're intended to be entirely separate. Any cross-compatibility of ROMs is unintentional and the plan is, as more home dumps become available, for FBC to end up with its own individual ROM set.

ok...

your intention is to have a home console only based emu, ie fbc. and a arcade only based emu, fbl.

is it possible for fbl not to see the roms intended for fbc and vise versa? i guess the dat file can be updated for filtering (deleting) out the two different per emu too.

all i did was remove the aes and cps changer roms from fbl that are supported in fbc.

That way i have my roms in the correct emu's, as it should be.

No wasted HDD space.

Obviously i used the dats for each emu to get the rom sets correct.

@ +T+

Do you have any future plans to migrate NeoGeo CD roms to FinalBurn Consoles ?

I ask as i believe its the thing to do plus i am nearly half way through making the 3d Boxart for the Cart roms

and i have one eye on the CD boxes.

Yes, the next build of FBC will support all the currently available NeoGeo CD conversions (including Last Hope).

There was a build of FBA floating around a while ago with actual NeoGeo CD support but I've been unable to find any sourcecode for it. Besides which, I don't think FBL would be able to make use of the same code to play CDDA audio tracks so there probably wouldn't be any point adding the driver.

PS: I've implemented the alpha transparency you requested too. :peopleseybrow: