Final Burn Consoles anyone?

+ T +

I've just started putting together a custom build of FBL containing only console games. This was intended to be just for my own use and I wasn't planning to make any sort of release of it, but I thought I'd ask here just to see if anyone else would be interested.

Basically the build would support 3 home console systems; the Sega Genesis/Megadrive, the NeoGeo AES system, and the Capcom CPS Changer. The Genesis component is self-explanatory and is just the Genesis driver that was previously in FBL1.3. The NeoGeo component differs from FBL in that it is locked in console mode (so you get the extra options/training modes etc. by default), it only supports games that were actually released officially in cartridge form on the NeoGeo AES system, and the supported ROMsets are the AES cartridge dumps where available for an authentic NeoGeo console experience. Finally, the CPS Changer component supports the 12 CPS1 games that were released for this little-known Capcom console. Only 2 actual CPS Changer ROM dumps currently exist (sfzch, wofch) but for the others I will use the arcade sets in freeplay mode until such time as true CPS Changer dumps become available so it will be as close as possible to playing on the real system. All options and settings pertaining to arcade play will be removed from the UI so it will be entirely a console-based emulator.

This is appealing to me, not just for the task of putting it all together, but also because I like my arcade and console emulators separate; even consoles that run arcade games. I accept I'm probably in an OCD minority there but if this sounds like something that would appeal to anyone else here then say so and I'll make it available when I've finished it.

first of all, thanks again for your amazing job.....really many thanks

the idea of making a new FBL build for console games is really nice, i like FBL 1.5 becuase it concentrates only on arcade games (wish coinops do the same thing) and having the new build is like having a new console emulator......the only idea makes me very happy.... i love my xbox 1, many friends that sold their xbox 1 for new console generatiosn dont know what are they missing,

the xbox scene is very much alive.......

i totally support, agree, can't wait for these new build................thanks once again for you and all the othesr involved (kenshiro, iq_132, etc...)

i like that idea,i remember just before nes6502 released the original port of fbl he released a sega only arcade hardware version called final burn.

this is nota request just more curiosity but could fbl actually emulate other console hardware like say the snes or sega master system?

i like that idea,i remember just before nes6502 released the original port of fbl he released a sega only arcade hardware version called final burn.

this is nota request just more curiosity but could fbl actually emulate other console hardware like say the snes or sega master system?

In theory, FBL could emulate other consoles. In fact FBANext already has a SNES driver in the sourcecode; I did try implementing it into a build of FBL just to see if it would work and all I got was a black screen when launching games. But I don't have the facilities to run FBANext so for all I know it may not work there either.

nes6502's port of Final Burn is interesting because it uses an entirely different core for the games it supports, allowing them to run much faster at the expense of accuracy. This is still the best emulator to use for Sega X and Y board games like Power Drift and Rail Chase.

Hej +T+,

I like the idea very much!

I also prefer to keep my consoles separated from the arcade ones,

and I even have two different menus in my XBMC, one for Arcades

and other for regular consoles.

But I really appreciate this initiative, since, as I stated before,

Final Burn Legends, NestopiaX and ZsnesXbox are the only

emulators out there with great scanlines filter support, and this is GOD for me.

If you release such version, I will be definitely get rid of my old FBL 1.3

that I am keeping at the moment just for some great Genesis gems.

Regards,

C.

I can do without the Genesis and SNES emulation, but the CPS Changer sounds mighty interesting.

Would it be possible to implement functional save states into NeoGeo emulation here? Don't think i could ever hope to reach or beat SNK bosses like Geese at the end of Art of Fighting 2 without it.

I've got a colecovision driver floating around if you're interested. You'll have to figure out the driver list though. I never really got a decent way to load teh romz.