Final Burn Legends 1.5

+ T +

Some good news; thanks to some helpful info and code posted by iq_132 over at the Neosource forum performance in the new Irem drivers has increased significantly. The R-Type games (including Leo) are very playable in FBL now. :)

Youhouuuu so cooool :)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My list of things to do is getting shorter. What's taken more time than I anticipated is looking at where the updated FB Alpha code was impacting performance and making changes that allow FBL to keep all the new driver improvements and added games while maintaining the performance of past builds. This has gone extremely well but has also been extremely time consuming where my time was already quite limited. I've got one more driver that I need to look at (Darius 2), a few minor tweaks here and there, and then that will be FBL1.6. (That's assuming there isn't another release of FB Alpha in the meantime)

My list of things to do is getting shorter. What's taken more time than I anticipated is looking at where the updated FB Alpha code was impacting performance and making changes that allow FBL to keep all the new driver improvements and added games while maintaining the performance of past builds. This has gone extremely well but has also been extremely time consuming where my time was already quite limited. I've got one more driver that I need to look at (Darius 2), a few minor tweaks here and there, and then that will be FBL1.6. (That's assuming there isn't another release of FB Alpha in the meantime)

Well done mate, well worth the wait.

Appreciate your work ethic.

Well done mate, well worth the wait.

Appreciate your work ethic.

+1 really great work +T+ cant wait to try this out

im sure everyone on here will appreciate all the graft youve put into this thanks alot

I can associate with that one.. it can be quite a headache sometimes.. :)

Im going to get hated for asking this but I have been away and would have requested earlier. Would it be possible for clones to be hidden/shown with a button press on the romscreen rather than having to go through the menus?

It is an excellent idea, i love it ... just again some work for +T+ :)

Im going to get hated for asking this but I have been away and would have requested earlier. Would it be possible for clones to be hidden/shown with a button press on the romscreen rather than having to go through the menus?

It is an excellent idea, i love it ... just again some work for +T+ :)

sounds like an idea... +1

+T+ i was just playing mameox/coinops and noticed a nice option that those emu's have... the option to delete a rom when it is hi-lited. this would be great for roms we users wouldn't care to have ie mahjong, pr0n, etc.

i'm looking forward to 1.6 :)

To revisit a point I made some time ago; changes in FBL1.6 are almost entirely focused on the emulation side of things, not the UI. Basically if I start working on implementing a bunch of new UI features or options at this stage then it's just going to push an already long overdue release even further down the road. So these kind of requests are best left for 1.7.