Final Burn Legends 1.5

+ T +

i am hoping that some of the games that needed vmm like dd crew and desert breaker are working,that would be great.

BTW +T+ or iq 132 did you ever have any luck with the ps2 version of fantasy zone 2(16-bit remake)?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantasy Zone 2 is supported in the new FB Alpha. Unfortunately it runs out of memory in FBL so this is another game that will require VMM to be added. That sort of thing is way beyond my ability but it's possible that kenshiro will be taking a look at getting these games working at some point. As to how well they will run I can't say though. FBL's Sega driver is still a little too resource intensive for the Xbox to handle comfortably. Some games do run full speed (Out Run is a great example and it's even better with the newly added analog controls) but most don't and I daresay we're unlikely to see any significant optimisations in the FB Alpha driver since even the most basic modern hardware can handle it with no problems. It's the same story with the new Irem and Data East drivers; on Xbox they're extremely slow. So adding VMM to any of the games that need it is no guarantee that they will run well.

It would be the same if the most recent version of MAME were ported to the Xbox. Many games that ran fine before would be unplayably slow. With the current MAME port (regardless which derivative you use), the 0.84 drivers were coded eons ago and contain all kinds of hacks and not-so-accurate code that allowed them to play well on the PC hardware of the time. So the sad truth is that the Xbox is frozen in time while emulators are moving forward and leaving it behind and FB Alpha is just another example of this.

That being said, I'm pleased with how FBL1.6 has turned out. I spent a lot of time testing and addressing any performance issues in existing games caused by the core update. So everything plays as well as it did previously or in some cases even better. But the day will come when it simply isn't worth updating FBL in line with FB Alpha due to the limitations of the hardware. But it is not this day. :thumbsup1:

Fantasy Zone 2 is supported in the new FB Alpha. Unfortunately it runs out of memory in FBL so this is another game that will require VMM to be added. That sort of thing is way beyond my ability but it's possible that kenshiro will be taking a look at getting these games working at some point.

Added to my to do list. I don't know when i will do it, i'm currently in the process to change of job and it is extremely time consumer.

Kiss,

Added to my to do list. I don't know when i will do it, i'm currently in the process to change of job and it is extremely time consumer.

Kiss,

The very fact that you have a to do list is much appreciated :D. Btw, I may PM you soon as I seem to be having some trouble getting your new NeoGeo code working with the latest FB Alpha driver. Probably something I'm doing wrong. :thumbsup1:

Some good news; thanks to some helpful info and code posted by iq_132 over at the Neosource forum performance in the new Irem drivers has increased significantly. The R-Type games (including Leo) are very playable in FBL now. :)