Final Burn Legends 1.5

+ T +

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not doing anything at all with CPS3 stuff. iq_132 managed to get the driver running on a stock Xbox with his usual wizardry but it wasn't full speed and apparently required that the CPU core be entirely rewritten. As far as I know, that's as far as things have gotten and possibly as far as they are likely to get since rewriting a CPU core is no small job.

I'm not doing anything at all with CPS3 stuff. iq_132 managed to get the driver running on a stock Xbox with his usual wizardry but it wasn't full speed and apparently required that the CPU core be entirely rewritten. As far as I know, that's as far as things have gotten and possibly as far as they are likely to get since rewriting a CPU core is no small job.

well... maybe someday. cpx will have to do for now...

Yes ... i wish too CPS3 come on FBL one day :P

If CPSX make it, it is possible ... but requiere many days of work for iq_132 :D

Have you also read the source code for NeoGeoCD ?

Just to know if it will append or not ?

Thanks

would it be possible to include the WIP CPS3 code in the next edition of fbl? even if it could never be fullspeed on a stock xbox, it would be a nice feature for users of upgraded ones :D (cpx3 has a bit of a lackluster GUI)

obviously if more work can be done on it, thats even better :P

Have you also read the source code for NeoGeoCD ?

Just to know if it will append or not ?

I've looked at the code and it seems like it would integrate just fine into FBC's NeoGeo driver. The problem is there's no way to select a game. I know that sounds ridiculous but the original code uses a standard Windows dialog box to select the cue sheet for the game you want to play. Obviously that won't work on the Xbox and I have no idea how to go about replicating that action in the FBL UI. I don't know if it's possible that the code could be modified to launch games as zipped sets in the same way as the existing ROM-based games but I'm thinking that's probably beyond my limited coding skill as well. It's on my list of things to look into though.

would it be possible to include the WIP CPS3 code in the next edition of fbl? even if it could never be fullspeed on a stock xbox, it would be a nice feature for users of upgraded ones :P (cpx3 has a bit of a lackluster GUI)

That's something you'd have to ask iq_132 about.

If possible you can launch a CD like a ROM game.

We put a ZIP file with the same name that the ISO game and you make a code to launch it.

Or we put the CUE in a ZIP ?

You must cheat your code just for ISO games ... but i think it is possible :P

Or using a DAT file who referfer the ISO games like made Madmab for AMIGA and other emus ...

looks like barry updated again.

FB Alpha 0.2.97.10 released. looks like a removal of clutter to me.

http://www.barryharris.me.uk/article_view.php?id=154

yeh already read it i see taitos superchase criminal termination runs full speed without sound

really loved this game in the arcades hope sound can be added at some point

its part of the chase hq series