Final Burn Legends 1.5

+ T +

+T+,

Did you have the time to check (just check) if the scanline filter

used in ZsneXbox could be "ported/imported" into FBL?

I am very very pleased with the scanlines variation modes

presented in that emulator.

While FBL presents the scanlines filter equal to ZsneXbox Scanlines 25%,

we still have two other modes, 50% and 75% scanlines. It is really great.

When you have a break on your time,

please just take a look...

Thanks so much!

This could be the ultimate "old-skool" screen setting for FBL!

The Zsnexbox code is very different to FBL, though the UI's look the same. It would probably be more constructive just to look at the FBL scanline filter and adjust the intensity values there. It's on my list of things to do but I've got several other things at the moment that I'm trying to figure out so for now it will have to wait.

i question, FBL has the fast forward option, i dont see it..... thanks

Same answer as above really. The fast forward feature is also on my list as I think it could be fairly easily ported over from FBA-XXX Pro but there are other areas I'm focusing on at the moment. The biggest problem I would have with this feature would be what button or button combination to assign it to. Mapping it to the right thumbstick as in Pro isn't an option since there a few games in FBL that use the right thumbstick.

In FBL1.5 I tried my best to implement as many of the requested features as possible, but I have to be aware of the difference between people requesting things that they just think would be a nice addition and things that they will actually use. I'm really no coder, so even simple things take me a fair bit of time. As such, in FBL1.6 I'm giving priority to things I want to implement myself rather than requests; for example updating all the supported ROMsets to match MAME and going through the code of a couple of FBA derivatives to improve the core emulation. These two things alone are massively time-consuming but reflect the areas that I prefer to focus on (getting analog controls working across the board is now also a top priority). I will go back to the UI items in due course but I don't know how many of them will make it into v1.6.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Zsnexbox code is very different to FBL, though the UI's look the same. It would probably be more constructive just to look at the FBL scanline filter and adjust the intensity values there. It's on my list of things to do but I've got several other things at the moment that I'm trying to figure out so for now it will have to wait.

(...) Mapping it to the right thumbstick as in Pro isn't an option since there a few games in FBL that use the right thumbstick. (...)

Hej +T+!

Yes yes, no problem at all. I hope that, when the right time comes, adjusting the intensity

could be a very simple process... I really hope that!

=)

And about mapping things to the thumbsticks --- for myself/my person/my case this is ever a bad idea.

I don't have thumbsticks! I use only HORI arcade controllers. And I bet some other people do it as well...

=) =) =)

And looking forward for a fresh new full of good news Final Burn Love 1.6!

Cospefogo.

were a able to put the adult games off/on option in yet?

Slight problem with that; the FBA code does not currently contain any flags that distinguish adult games from non-adult games. So unless you can provide me with a list of all the games you want excluded, I'm afraid it's a bit of a non-starter.

just wondering will vmm be added to dd crew?

kenshiro has just finished a major overhaul of the NeoGeo code which will be in FBL1.6. Next he's very kindly agreed to take a look at the few remaining games that still need VMM (including DD Crew). This is great news as it means that it may be possible to have every supported game working without memory issues and will possibly allow new games such as Lord Gun/Alien Challenge to be added. However kenshiro is away at the moment taking a well-deserved break. So let's all wish him a good time and hope he's still happy to continue his fine work on FBL when he returns. :)

do you work on the source within source control locally?

One thing I think would be useful, not only for yourself, but for others, would be a public source repository. Personally, I don't do much coding without these days (not always public but with source control).

Well when it comes to coding experience. I'd recommend the same thing I did.. for the most part stick with what you know and then selectively pick a task or two that are outside of your comfort zone to try. Then just attempt them. If your lucky then over time your skills will increase and you will become more comfortable with conquering other harder tasks. :)

do you work on the source within source control locally?

One thing I think would be useful, not only for yourself, but for others, would be a public source repository. Personally, I don't do much coding without these days (not always public but with source control).

I've no clue about that really, and I'm not sure how appropriate a public repository would be given how disorganised and experimental my work on FBL so often is. The Xbox scene is so small nowadays, just a core group of people so it's also questionable to how many people such a thing would actually be useful. Of course I will always release a full sourcecode with every build of FBL and I'll gladly share my WIP source with anyone who wants it.

Well when it comes to coding experience. I'd recommend the same thing I did.. for the most part stick with what you know and then selectively pick a task or two that are outside of your comfort zone to try. Then just attempt them. If your lucky then over time your skills will increase and you will become more comfortable with conquering other harder tasks. :)

That's excellent advice and is pretty much exactly what I've been doing :unsure:. I've gotten a fairly good idea of where my limits are, and while I'm constantly trying new things, I usually know before I start what's going to work and where I'm going to hit a brick wall due to lack of coding knowledge. But I learn a bit more each time which keeps it rewarding for me. It's very fortunate we have guys like iq_132 and kenshiro working on this project as well though as they can do things on a level I could never realistically hope to.

Here something that happened to me:

I like to have my roms on a neat and simple order.

I prefer simple names, just one version per game and that's it.

So, following the advice from +T+ I did add all my games to the favorite list,

and, using a text editor, adjusted all names (and even rom order) to match

my ideal list. No presence of long names, version info, dates, different countries

and so on...

THAT IS MY ULTIMATE and PERFECT romlist.

BUT, a friend came to my house and accidentally pressed black several times

and removed a lot of my faves. I can add them back, of course... but I will need

to adjust the file again to correct my neat setup!

Where I want to go?

+T+, my suggestion is to have a LOCK FAVORITES inside the general options menu.

This way we can keep the faves SAFE from accidental game removing!

What do you think?

Cospefogo.