Final Burn Legends 1.5

+ T +

I have a request/idea, although it might be some work to implement and there is a workaround with hardware but I thought to mentioned it.

If FBL could be controlled via usb keyboard, or allow control mappings to work with keyboard presses as well as gamepads, then any usb arcade sticks that cause keypresses could work with out additional hardware (apart from a cheap xbox to usb female adapter). In my case, it could allow me to use the x-arcade without buying another £30 adapter to convert the keypresses to xbox gamepad presses.

just an idea anyway.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a request/idea, although it might be some work to implement and there is a workaround with hardware but I thought to mentioned it.

If FBL could be controlled via usb keyboard, or allow control mappings to work with keyboard presses as well as gamepads, then any usb arcade sticks that cause keypresses could work with out additional hardware (apart from a cheap xbox to usb female adapter). In my case, it could allow me to use the x-arcade without buying another £30 adapter to convert the keypresses to xbox gamepad presses.

just an idea anyway.

the x-arcade adaptert pops up for £10 now n again... and the jamma timer board...

I got an x-arcade for £30 then a week later 3 popped up from arcadeworlduk....

noticed some issue with games

Global Defense (aka SDI or Strategic Defense ) - normally left controller for satellite, right for sight, but control moves both

powerinstinct legends - control drifting problem

Samurai Spririt 5 special ( returns to rom selction after a short loading without any message)

It would be cool if fbl allowed multiple mapping for a function on controller, you could clone a function to have autofire and keep it normal for charge on the other....

Edited by Garcimak

Oh +T+, thanks for the alpha/transparency fix for artwork previews in FBC 1.2.

Could you please add the same for FBL 1.6 please.

No problem. It will be in 1.6.

would be possible to allow the main menu video to play in the game select & options screens??

I think that would be pushing things too far in terms of memory.

noticed some issue with games

Global Defense (aka SDI or Strategic Defense ) - normally left controller for satellite, right for sight, but control moves both

powerinstinct legends - control drifting problem

Samurai Spririt 5 special ( returns to rom selction after a short loading without any message)

Thanks for pointing out the issue with SDI, I'll fix it for 1.6. Samurai Shodown 5 Special works perfectly here, sounds like your ROM is incorrect. Also I have no control issues with Power Instinct Legends; maybe try a different controller or change the deadzone settings.

the x-arcade adaptert pops up for £10 now n again... and the jamma timer board...

I got an x-arcade for £30 then a week later 3 popped up from arcadeworlduk....

I have bough an adapter now. £34 with postage. ouch ! I had a brief look at the code, and I was thinking it might be possible to add some code to the xbinput source, so allow keyboard presses to be seen as button presses. then I thought, it could probably be done in the bios. then I thought I should probably just get the adapter :). I might have a play though just to see.

you paid £30 for an x-arcade stick or you mean the adapter? £30 for a stick is a bargain. I just paid £110 for my tankstick (second hand).

Edited by exobuzz

While on the subject of controls, I just happened across something rather interesting. While FBA's analog joystick code doesn't seem to work in FBL at all, the mouse input code actually works perfectly on the left thumbstick. This means I now have a way of implementing analog controls in games that support it (including lightgun games). The only downside at the moment is that only 1 mouse is supported, so 2 players can't both have analog controls but I'm experimenting with ways to make it work for both players.

+T+,

Did you have the time to check (just check) if the scanline filter

used in ZsneXbox could be "ported/imported" into FBL?

I am very very pleased with the scanlines variation modes

presented in that emulator.

While FBL presents the scanlines filter equal to ZsneXbox Scanlines 25%,

we still have two other modes, 50% and 75% scanlines. It is really great.

When you have a break on your time,

please just take a look...

Thanks so much!

This could be the ultimate "old-skool" screen setting for FBL!

Regards,

Cospefogo.