Final Burn Legends 1.5

+ T +

+T+ just a quick question im kinda running out of space on box so any chance to save some would be welcome

ive currently built my pgm and cave games using the rom.dat but ive added the pgm bios pgm_mo1s.rom etc

and the ddp3_bios.u37 to every pgm and cave game rom zip folder do i need to do this or does just having the pgm bios files

in the roms folder and ddp3 bios as part of the ddp3.zip enough

If you're running low on space, I'd recommend maximizing the compression of your zipped roms by following this guide:

http://eabmobile.abime.net/showthread.php?p=361987

You usually gain 2-5%, which can be a lot on a large collection.

EDIT: In the same way, you can run any png files through PNG Gauntlet to maximize compression (losslessly).

Also, I notices some of my roms contained various text/html files in the archive - you can remove them to save a few more bytes!

thanks will look into it cheers

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great, thank you, T! Could someone post the newest roms that were added? I'm still in the middle of getting these perfect pixel INIs built and it would help.

No roms discussion! You should know better! ;)

Edited by Bigby

This is great, thank you, T! Could someone post the newest roms that were added? I'm still in the middle of getting these perfect pixel INIs built and it would help.

im not running a full set but all that worked for me in 1.4 work in 1.5 but you will need a bangup to date rom for knights of valour 2

tryed about 5 till i got the right one

Let me be more specific - A LIST OF ROMS THAT WERE ADDED.

No roms discussion! You should know better! ;)

- I have a question to iq_132 because i don't read anything about Capcom 3 in the readme file ...

Have you work on ? it will be release for FBL 1.6 ?

I don't know. I haven't managed to improve the speed of the cps3 driver much at all.

It really needs a faster SH2 core (main cpu emulator), but porting one is

a very time-intensive task and that's something I generally don't have a lot of.

4. A QUESTION FOR IQ_132 (or anyone else who knows the answer): this is probably a dumb question, but what are the chances of Ibara? Does that even run in MAME at all? If not, what's so "special" about it that it's managed to avoid emulation for this long?

Doesn't run in MAME at all. Even when it will, it is difficult to say when/if it will be ported to FBA, as it will require porting

MAME's SH4/Sh3 core (SH4 is the Dreamcast CPU!) and a new sound core. On top of that, it is unlikely that the games would even run

well on the xbox due to the fact that their main cpu is ~200 mhz.

wish Tecmos Xainsleena also be added so i can throw the PCB away

I did write a driver for that a while back. I'll have to dig it out (I'll trade you for the PCB ;)).

do you know off hand which irem games are in this build? if not i can check the dat.

The driver is very preliminary and currently only runs Hook and In the Hunt with no sound. R-Type Leo is also in the driver but this isn't included in this build as it crashes during loading at the moment.

weird... ;)

the following games cheats aren't working:

gp rider (sega motocycle game) infinite time cheat

&

hyper pacman (invincble cheat)

Save states aren't functioning for me in NeoGeo games. (tested two games at the moment)

Anybody wanna back me up here?

When reporting these issues it would save me time if you could mention whether they existed in previous builds or if they were working prior to 1.4/1.5. In 1.5 I haven't made any changes to the cheat routines, the Neogeo code, or the save state code.

In addition, it turns out that one of the newly added CPS1 clones (area88r) has incorrect rom size information. I'm in the middle of a big CPS1 update to bring things in line with MAME so I'll get that finished as soon as I can and release a small update that corrects this.

EDIT: Turns out that Neogeo save states were disabled by nes6502 in the original FBL as they were buggy and caused problems.

sorry, this was the first time playing these on v1.5 :(

Hey guys any chance of adding SF the movie, Astra superstars, Kaiser knuckle and/or Crystal of kings? that would be awesome to at last could play those games properly

To everyone requesting that particular games be added; keep in mind that FBL is simply a port of FBA and can only support games for which a driver exists. Writing a driver (or porting one from MAME) is no easy task and unless iq_132 or one of the other FBA elite coders is prepared to put some serious time into it, it's unlikely that your requested game/s will be added prior to it being supported by the PC version. The best you can do is wait for an update to FBA with your fingers crossed and see.

gp rider (sega motocycle game) infinite time cheat

&

hyper pacman (invincble cheat)

sorry, this was the first time playing these on v1.5 ;)

FBL (and FBA) still uses the old dat style cheat format. MAME has since changed it's system so I'm guessing there may be issues with certain cheats on sets that have been updated or changed. If anyone can provide information on how to convert new cheats to the old format then I'll give it some attention, otherwise (once again) it will probably be a case of waiting to see if the next FBA adopts the new format.

Hi Gilou , Does your Heroes skin work with 1.5 FBL ? Id like to continue using it as i really like it

Thanks

Older skins will work but they need a couple of lines added to the ini file. Open the ini and scroll right to the bottom, you should see this:

MainMenuVideoPath0=D:\media\background1.xmv
MainMenuVideoPath1=D:\media\background2.xmv
MainMenuVideoPath2=D:\media\background3.xmv
MainMenuVideoPath3=D:\media\background4.xmv
MainMenuVideoPath4=D:\media\background5.xmv
MainMenuVideoPath5=D:\media\background6.xmv

Replace it with this:

MovieSounds=1
MainMenuVideoPath0=D:\media\background1.xmv
MainMenuVideoPath1=D:\media\background2.xmv
MainMenuVideoPath2=D:\media\background3.xmv
MainMenuVideoPath3=D:\media\background4.xmv
MainMenuVideoPath4=D:\media\background5.xmv
MainMenuVideoPath5=D:\media\background6.xmv
FreeRotate=0

Other tweaks may be needed depending on the skin but this should get it working without causing problems.