Final Burn Legends 1.5

+ T +

weird... ;)

the following games cheats aren't working:

gp rider (sega motocycle game) infinite time cheat

&

hyper pacman (invincble cheat)

i turn these on for my 4yr old to play. these are the only games i've checked today.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you know off hand which irem games are in this build? if not i can check the dat.

The driver is very preliminary and currently only runs Hook and In the Hunt with no sound. R-Type Leo is also in the driver but this isn't included in this build as it crashes during loading at the moment.

weird... ;)

the following games cheats aren't working:

gp rider (sega motocycle game) infinite time cheat

&

hyper pacman (invincble cheat)

Save states aren't functioning for me in NeoGeo games. (tested two games at the moment)

Anybody wanna back me up here?

When reporting these issues it would save me time if you could mention whether they existed in previous builds or if they were working prior to 1.4/1.5. In 1.5 I haven't made any changes to the cheat routines, the Neogeo code, or the save state code.

In addition, it turns out that one of the newly added CPS1 clones (area88r) has incorrect rom size information. I'm in the middle of a big CPS1 update to bring things in line with MAME so I'll get that finished as soon as I can and release a small update that corrects this.

EDIT: Turns out that Neogeo save states were disabled by nes6502 in the original FBL as they were buggy and caused problems.

Edited by + T +

Awesome stuff.

Some quick (promise) questions:

1. I (admittedly) glanced quickly and seen no mention of the ability to alter such settings as analogue dead zone, NEOGEO bios, etc. on a default emulator wide level (rather than in game) - is that in now?

2. What MAME version should I be looking for for any of the new additions, or is it the case that some will be from 141, some from 142, some from earlier, etc? Is there an easy way for me to check this, or is finding these additions more a case of just trial and error?

3. Dunno if there is already an option to do this, but it would be quite nice to just have a number on screen telling me how many roms the emu has available to run (from whichever folders you've set it to look at). A rom count, if you will, that will tell me at a glance if an update has maybe dropped a few roms (as in this case, with a rename or something).

4. A QUESTION FOR IQ_132 (or anyone else who knows the answer): this is probably a dumb question, but what are the chances of Ibara? Does that even run in MAME at all? If not, what's so "special" about it that it's managed to avoid emulation for this long?

Many thanks to +T+, iq_132, kenshiro, and of course nes6502.

You probably don't realise how happy you've made this silly old man.

Edit: that was quite quick, wasn't it? Not bad.

For me.

Edited by RatherAnnoyed

Awesome stuff.

Some quick (promise) questions:

1. I (admittedly) glanced quickly and seen no mention of the ability to alter such settings as analogue dead zone, NEOGEO bios, etc. on a default emulator wide level (rather than in game) - is that in now?

2. What MAME version should I be looking for for any of the new additions, or is it the case that some will be from 141, some from 142, some from earlier, etc? Is there an easy way for me to check this, or is finding these additions more a case of just trial and error?

3. Dunno if there is already an option to do this, but it would be quite nice to just have a number on screen telling me how many roms the emu has available to run (from whichever folders you've set it to look at). A rom count, if you will, that will tell me at a glance if an update has maybe dropped a few roms (as in this case, with a rename or something).

4. A QUESTION FOR IQ_132 (or anyone else who knows the answer): this is probably a dumb question, but what are the chances of Ibara? Does that even run in MAME at all? If not, what's so "special" about it that it's managed to avoid emulation for this long?

Many thanks to +T+, iq_132, kenshiro, and of course nes6502.

You probably don't realise how happy you've made this silly old man.

Edit: that was quite quick, wasn't it? Not bad.

For me.

the easiest way to check your roms would be use the romcentre.dat which youll find in the tools folder as for ibara its not currently emulated in mame so the chances at the moment are slim

+T+ just a quick question im kinda running out of space on box so any chance to save some would be welcome

ive currently built my pgm and cave games using the rom.dat but ive added the pgm bios pgm_mo1s.rom etc

and the ddp3_bios.u37 to every pgm and cave game rom zip folder do i need to do this or does just having the pgm bios files

in the roms folder and ddp3 bios as part of the ddp3.zip enough

+T+ just a quick question im kinda running out of space on box so any chance to save some would be welcome

ive currently built my pgm and cave games using the rom.dat but ive added the pgm bios pgm_mo1s.rom etc

and the ddp3_bios.u37 to every pgm and cave game rom zip folder do i need to do this or does just having the pgm bios files

in the roms folder and ddp3 bios as part of the ddp3.zip enough

If you're running low on space, I'd recommend maximizing the compression of your zipped roms by following this guide:

http://eabmobile.abime.net/showthread.php?p=361987

You usually gain 2-5%, which can be a lot on a large collection.

EDIT: In the same way, you can run any png files through PNG Gauntlet to maximize compression (losslessly).

Also, I notices some of my roms contained various text/html files in the archive - you can remove them to save a few more bytes!

Edited by ted209