the last swansong for xbox arcade emulation

gamez fan

in many areas off life if your lucky you get one big last defining moment be it a sportsman going out with a bang a fadeing movie star gets a box office smash

a singer makes a comeback and gets a number 1 hit

consoles are no different you know the last big release before its on to the next gen

so was thinking with the great work by IQ on the pgm, cave and now cp3 games in FBL

will this be arcade emulations last big swansong on the xbox or do you think theres more to come

what needs to happen arcade emulation wise for you to say

thats it the last big moment has come and gone

for me personally all my dreams would come true with the raiden fighters series and viper phase 1

i would not say that it is the last swansong for arcade emulation on xbox i mean dont expect 3d game arcade emulation via xbox as the xbox just does not have the power under the hood to do that but there is always pcsxbox for that kind of thing.

this year we have some seen some huge releases for the xbox not only cave pgm emulation but streets of rage remake,xraine,xneoraine,surreall 64 ce the list goes on.

and there are projects that are still being working on,i know this topic is aimed at arcade emulation but i would not say that is the end for arcade emulation on xbox.

and i agree with you on the raiden fighters and viper phase 1 game.

another game you should check out is sengeki strikers,it isnt playable on the xbox but you can fire it up on pc mame.

I own several PC's with emulators on but to me it just dosnt feel the same as it does on the XBOX , Its like the xbox was truly made to be a one stop HTPC with great front ends and xbmc its just a shame its running out of power and theres no easy way to upgrade the hardware ,

TBH i thought id seen everything the xbox could do 2 years ago and now look how far its come

I think we'll see more improvments in the future

how crazy is it that the xbox can emulate cps3... i mean sheesh. i would never had expected that and it does a fine job doing too.

and what about daphne? thats just "wicked awesome" as they say back home.

with final burn legends being updated right now i think the sky is the limit.

sega saturn emulator... it's out there. it's just waiting.

oh how we need a new mame emu... just not one with all the bs (pun?)

Edited by tristanx

People have been saying shit like this since 2004. The Xbox has unique advantages:

1. Standard architecture (easier to port to than say PS3)

2. Fixable - aka, if some part shits the bed, like a PSU, its not difficult to fix

3. HD output - 720p and even 1080i - broadcast quality

4. Devoted fan base

5. Inexpensive - I've scored complete, working systems for $10

People have been saying shit like this since 2004. The Xbox has unique advantages:

2. Fixable - aka, if some part shits the bed, like a PSU, its not difficult to fix

4. Devoted fan base

Don't forget the fast boot time, I can be playing a game in 30 seconds from startup.

4. Devoted fan base

Don't forget the fast boot time, I can be playing a game in 30 seconds from startup.

i got a chipped xbox with a 80gig hdd for $10 ;)

I can trump that, i was given a collection of 4 xbox's (in bits i might add) with mixed failed softmodded HDD's, failed TSOP's.

Yep a whole box of problems, had a day on them and got them all working, TSOP'd those that could be done, my payment for this task ?

I got 3 of the xbox's and the fellow just took his Crystal back, that's all he actually wanted running.

Sold 2 of the xbox's (1.6's), modded of course, kept the 1.0 ;)

Now i have 4 and they all work still to this day, in HD of course ;)