graphics or gameplay

gamez fan

as far back as i can mind graphics have always mattered to some gamers sure i like a pretty picture the same as the next guy

thought uncharted 2 had the best idd ever seen on a console but 10 seconds later im playing the game never thought about it again

prime example crysis 2 everyone bangin on about the graphics but its just another 1st person shooter thats no diffrent from

the other 1000 or so shooters on the 360

and i see its now found its way into the emu scene theres topics on here about pixel perfect etc and fair play if thats your thing

first thing i check with any new emulator update is what new games will play and if there anygood.for me personally

gameplay has and will always be the most important where do you stand on this graphics or gameplay

what rocks your boat more

as far back as i can mind graphics have always mattered to some gamers sure i like a pretty picture the same as the next guy

thought uncharted 2 had the best idd ever seen on a console but 10 seconds later im playing the game never thought about it again

prime example crysis 2 everyone bangin on about the graphics but its just another 1st person shooter thats no diffrent from

and i see its now found its way into the emu scene theres topics on here about pixel perfect etc and fair play if thats your thing

first thing i check with any new emulator update is what new games will play and if there anygood.for me personally

gameplay has and will always be the most important where do you stand on this graphics or gameplay

Gameplay everytime.... BUT have you ever turned on a classic retro game you loved as a kid then thought... OH NO, I just ruined some great memories of a game I once thought was AMAZING and well actually... Its pretty naff !

now love me or hate here, but one of those games is out Outrun..... Yet older games like Track N Field I can play and never get board !

Now you if you play an AMAZING LOOKING game say on PS3 and it can just seem unplayable...

So you want an example.... Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

(nice thread by the way)

Edited by ace9094

Gameplay everytime.... BUT have you ever turned on a classic retro game you loved as a kid then thought... OH NO, I just ruined some great memories of a game I once thought was AMAZING and well actually... Its pretty naff !

now love me or hate here, but one of those games is out Outrun..... Yet older games like Track N Field I can play and never get board !

Now you if you play an AMAZING LOOKING game say on PS3 and it can just seem unplayable...

So you want an example.... Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

(nice thread by the way)

sure ace i know what your sayin watch a film hear a song you once liked and it just doesnt seem as good its the same for some games

but everytime i play paperboy enjoy it as much as i did in 84 when i dropped my 10p in the slot and gave it a go love that game

Uuuuh...I was being sarcastic. Clearly gameplay is more important, only a true retard would argue otherwise. On that previous point - agreed, Narc is NOT waht it was back in '89. Rampart on the other hand...

ok its 3-0 for gameplay anyone gonna choose graphics???

Well...

In my humble opinion I think Pixel Perfect should not be mixed

in the same "pot" as game graphics quality and age.

Pixel perfect is just a way to correctly display the game

screen in perfect accuracy to the original one, but it

does not matter if this is being done in a Pac Man screen,

Castlevania Symphony of the Night or any other newer

game.

Going back to the subject, I prefer gameplay,

It's rare for me to embrace long fancy modern games

while I have MAME ever ready just waiting for me.

I have a ton of fun playing Flicky, Raiden, Shinobi,

Final Fight and many others... And I really don't

care if the graphics are old and out-dated.

I think I love that graphics...

Hmmm... Am I being contradictory?

Maybe the graphics are more important?

Hahaha...

No no... It's the fun who is really important.

A game must be fun 100% of the gameplay time.

If it gets boring and presents no challenge,

I get rid of it instantly.

There is a tendency nowadays of games

with NO GAME OVER AT ALL. Flocking chit!

This is ridiculous... The games are turning into

MOVIES! People now just watch 50% of the

game and play other 25%, while the last

25% are tutorials!

Things are getting worse everyday...

C. C. Cospe

sheesh... it's the gameplay.

blaster master on nes is still an awesome game. if i had time i'd attempt to finally finish it.

Edited by tristanx