NestopiaX 1.3

fumanchu

NEW RELEASE.

Nestopiax 1.3

originally ported over to xbox by nes6502 and updated now by XtecuterX73.

release info.

ROB.jpeg

Support for R.O.B the robot emulation via xbox controller has been

implemented into this version of nestopiax!!!.

When playing gyromite or stack up simply go into controller options,

then general settings and change controller 2 type to R.O.B the robot

and leave controller 1 as gamepad.

The controls are as follows for gyromite:

Start, then a will raise and lower the blue columns

Start, then b will raise and lower the red columns.

a flash will follow after performing these actions, this is normal, the nes

"flashed" this information back to rob when performing those controller

actions to simulate the movements needed to play gyromite correctly with

him.

as for Stack up, thats a diff beast since this game relied on colored blocks

stacked up on rob to play. but either way both of these games are now

supported via R.O.B the robot emulation.

NEStopiaX has now been implemented with "Pixel Perfect" options in the

Main Menu and in-game menu while playing a game. It can be found in

Video Options in the newly named "Adjust Screen/Pixel Perfect Options"

you will be faced with three choices, hit x for perfect pixel, y to reset

the screen back to default and b to exit after making your choice.

Other small changes in this release are minimal and only include small

changing of the wording in the emulator menu. nothing special, things

like Vs. Coin 1 and 2 were simply changed to "Insert Vs. Coin 1"

Insert Vs. Coin 2.

Enjoy~!

thanks again goes to XtecuterX73 for the update for this great nes and nesfds emu.

I have posted a link to download this at the usual sites i upload to or you can just request a pm for a link in this thread.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let us not forget the PERFECT PIXEL OPTIONS....:D hahah.

and huge thanks to my man +T+ for his help with the perfect pixel stuff. hope you guys enjoy! there could be even more down the road my friends...... ;P

XT- HF-

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX

Seriously, Rob would work with the emulator? That's pretty crazy and unexpected. I actually was really excited... but then I remembered how fucking annoying Rob is in reality. :lol:

Thanks for the update!!!

lol. thanks phil. No, you dont actually use the robot with this emu, everything is already emulated in nestopiax, you just set your controller 2 to R.O.B. the robot and you can play the game with one controller. lol. :P

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX

OH, OK! I wonder if it would work though. All you would need is a NES controller that connects to the Xbox, which isn't hard to do.

Seriously, Rob would work with the emulator? That's pretty crazy and unexpected. I actually was really excited... but then I remembered how fucking annoying Rob is in reality. :lol:

Thanks for the update!!!

lol. thanks phil. No, you dont actually use the robot with this emu, everything is already emulated in nestopiax, you just set your controller 2 to R.O.B. the robot and you can play the game with one controller. lol. :P

OH, OK! I wonder if it would work though. All you would need is a NES controller that connects to the Xbox, which isn't hard to do.

Thanks for the update!!!

well yea, if you put it that way it should work i would think. i have a rob and i can tell you he wont work on hdtvs and the like. you would need an old skool tv with scanlines but yea it could possibly work. hell, i might dig him out and try out. lol

XT-

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX

well yea, if you put it that way it should work i would think. i have a rob and i can tell you he wont work on hdtvs and the like. you would need an old skool tv with scanlines but yea it could possibly work. hell, i might dig him out and try out. lol

XT-

You should! While you're at it, you should do a controller mod. I basically took what this guy wrote up here:

http://www.xerxes3rd.net/staticpages/index...&mode=print

and did it for a TON of different controllers, including a NES pad. This way, ROB could 'hold' the pad like usual. It works perfectly (the mod, not ROB) and it introduces ZERO lag. The only trick is that most VGA cables no longer have the necessary number of wires. I recommend instead buying a DB-15 M-F from here:

http://www.cablewholesale.com/specs/mac-mo.../10d2-01206.htm

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that have black cables in stock anymore - but whatever.

Edited by PhilExile

XT-

You should! While you're at it, you should do a controller mod. I basically took what this guy wrote up here:

http://www.xerxes3rd.net/staticpages/index...&mode=print

and did it for a TON of different controllers, including a NES pad. This way, ROB could 'hold' the pad like usual. It works perfectly (the mod, not ROB) and it introduces ZERO lag. The only trick is that most VGA cables no longer have the necessary number of wires. I recommend instead buying a DB-15 M-F from here:

http://www.cablewholesale.com/specs/mac-mo.../10d2-01206.htm

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that have black cables in stock anymore - but whatever.

ok so i decided to run a little experiment. i dont have the modded controller but i do have R.O.B fully functional.

i can confirm that he does work and is supported with this version of nestopiax! he responded to every command i put in so if you have the controller mod, you and rob can have some good times again! LOL. :lol: