Boot Loop / Help with Mod Chip

ace9094

Ace, just get a modchip - they aren't that hard to install.

i know but there hard to find and the modchips i can find cost £30 plus shipping.... if they were cheaper i would consider it :D

this box has no leads or pads either so i might take the rom out and bin it

if you have the following games you can softmod it again

GAMES SOFTMODDING SUPPORTS:

1. James Bond - Agent Under Fire

2. Splinter Cell

3. Mech Assult - 1st Release

oh yeh this could work and you have all the tools already if I remember rightly. good thinking lordpro!

nope, evo-x formats all partitions then re-installs the dash.... I cant get to the hdd to put it back on

Phil,

I have a red 2x lite but it has no wires or connecters.... I dunno what to do with em and i cant solder lol

by no leads or pads i mean i just have the xbox... but i got wires fro other xboxes

if you have the following games you can softmod it again

GAMES SOFTMODDING SUPPORTS:

1. James Bond - Agent Under Fire

2. Splinter Cell

3. Mech Assult - 1st Release

And how should he do that without having acces to M$ Dash for copy the modded savegame after formating all partitions?

I gave you a solution, take it or not .............

if your xbox can still boot original xbox games then run any original xbox game that was produced after the release of halo 2.as it lets you install the newest version of the ms dash.

if your xbox can still boot original xbox games then run any original xbox game that was produced after the release of halo 2.as it lets you install the newest version of the ms dash.

I now have a new issue..... The plot thickens

The xbox has been unpugged since this thread was started and now lost the time and date so wont boot games lol

HOWEVER, I may have a solution, This is a mod chip I have but i have no connectors or wires...

HcfTozXs.jpeg

The chip says X2 Lite Ext. on the bit with 3 switches but I cant find anything about it :D

anyone where I can get the missing connectors or what they are called, and a wiring diagram :D

This is a later version of the chip, but this install should work. Do you have the pin header attachment?

http://www.yoxbox.com/tut/xecuter2-6v1-6/

(Your chips full name is Xecuter 2.6 Lite)

Did you have that chip and just dig it up?

It was inside an old xbox that was givewn to me stuck to the inside metal casing.... There were no wires at all to the chip from the motherboard (also the power board, HDD and heat sync's were missing)

So you think I should bin it phil? I found a site in the US that does the 2.6 one you said to get for $32 :D

It was inside an old xbox that was givewn to me stuck to the inside metal casing.... There were no wires at all to the chip from the motherboard (also the power board, HDD and heat sync's were missing)

So it was just loose in the case? Usually, they are fitted onto those pin things.

So you think I should bin it phil? I found a site in the US that does the 2.6 one you said to get for $32 :D

Well, if were me and I didn't know if the chip worked or not - I would just pay the $32 rather than waste my time dicking around with some chip that may or may not work. Wasting an afternoon soldering sucks!

Good luck!

Edited by PhilExile