CoinOPS 2 R6

fumanchu

Please can sombody advice for which we need the ``ROMMidway`` folder?

As i put all my roms in the general folder which works fine but now i tried to move all my Midway roms (MK1, MK2, Narcs, Nba,...) this ``Rommidway`` folder but after scanning for games it seems it doesnt find these games?

anybody idea why?

coinops loads these games in a diffrent mame core so you need to make pointer files and add them to your main rom folder make 5 zip folders on your pc leave them empty and name them MI_1 MI_2 etc put these in your rom list and put MK MK2 etc in romsmidway folder now scan and the games will then show up and youll be good to go

Edited by gamez fan

• 2 weeks later...

Is there some sort of comprehensive guide on CoinOPS?

Specifically;

Version order / Differences

Upgrading to v2

Example -> There is a release called "CoinOPS Epic", but when downloaded "EPIC" is not mentioned in the emulator itself only "Inferno", but is mentioned in the documentation.

BTW - Epic was the "newest" (referring to the date) release I could find other then V2. Then again, I don't know what do to do with V2 ... Copy it over EPIC?

Also the included reading material while a little insightful falls short as it's very brief and doesn't hit any key points (aka rush job).

That's all I have to ask (for now).

TIA.

Is there some sort of comprehensive guide on CoinOPS?

Specifically;

Version order / Differences

Upgrading to v2

Example -> There is a release called "CoinOPS Epic", but when downloaded "EPIC" is not mentioned in the emulator itself only "Inferno", but is mentioned in the documentation.

BTW - Epic was the "newest" (referring to the date) release I could find other then V2. Then again, I don't know what do to do with V2 ... Copy it over EPIC?

Also the included reading material while a little insightful falls short as it's very brief and doesn't hit any key points (aka rush job). <-------

That's all I have to ask (for now).

TIA.

sorry, i shouldn't...

:D :D :( :(

where's waal?? he needs to see this.

Edited by tristanx

whats goin on with this is it a wind up post :D

was gonna answer this guys questions but ill just leave it now

What? Why?

Did I insult someone over my opinion that the documentation isn't that specific when it comes to the questions I asked? Well, shit, sorry! I'd still like to know about the different versions, their release order and how to install the latest version.

Please?!?

well the latest version of coinops is "COINOPS 2 R7" you cant get from emuparadise o xboxisozone if you like it, ti make a fresh install delete all the folders of coinops, except for the roms you have, and delete the UDATA using XBMC.

What? Why?

Did I insult someone over my opinion that the documentation isn't that specific when it comes to the questions I asked? Well, shit, sorry! I'd still like to know about the different versions, their release order and how to install the latest version.

Please?!?

basically if you download coinops 2 full package that will give you ALL the games,then the newest version is coinops 2 r7.

just copy coinops 2 r7 over the top of coinops 2,if you have any old coinops saves then delete them in the t and u data folders on your E drive.

the coinops save is usually called babe...

What? Why?

Please?!?

hey im sorry got the wrong end of the stick