Final Burn Legends 1.4

+ T +

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One quick question for anyone who might know - are there any analog settings for Sega games, as analogue steering on Turbo Outrun, Power Drift Hang on, space harrier etc etc. Gameplay is a bit harsh without it.

Looking forward to great addition, cheers all.

Wow - I thought I was the only one who noticed (and was bothered) by this. It makes a big difference on those games which originally had analogue controls.

Turbo Outrun and analogue controls would be heaven!

like i said i know you removed the genesis emu but would it maybe be possible to have this game from the hazemd set playable on xbox as we cant play it on neogenesis or any other emu at this moment.

thanks.

It looks like a fun game but it wouldn't really fit to add it to FBL in its current form. It would be fairly easy to compile a separate build solely for Genesis and SNES games if there was any great interest in that, but would there be any real advantage besides playing that one game?

will the next fbl be just patch xbe or complete install?

It will be an upgrade package to be applied over a 1.4 install.

One quick question for anyone who might know - are there any analog settings for Sega games, as analogue steering on Turbo Outrun, Power Drift Hang on, space harrier etc etc. Gameplay is a bit harsh without it.

Looking forward to great addition, cheers all.

I've looked into this and I'm afraid I'm going to have to admit defeat for the time being. FBL does possess the capability for analog controls since it's there in the FBA code, but I just can't get my head around how they would fit into the system FBL uses to handle its inputs. Unfortunately many things in FBL are not nearly as straightforward as they were in FBA-XXX Pro. But then FBL is a far more sophisticated emulator and really deserves someone with more know-how than me working on it.

Why isn't it straight forward enough, do we need more if statements? :lol:

I guess you need the controller code to return a value within a usable range and need to send that to FBA. Anything outside of the deadzone and within 32768 on XBOX should be 0-whatever for FBA. N64 needs a magic number of 256 as a divisor to reduce the range from 0-32768 to 0-128. We use 258 to keep the controller from reaching areas where it may be prone to drift, like in GoldenEye. You might need a few magic numbers to get the range right for the different hardware the arcades use.

Not sure if that has much to do with the interfacing bumps you're hitting, but I'll take a gander anyway.

Thanks again for taking this project under your wing. Someone had to do it :P

like i said i know you removed the genesis emu but would it maybe be possible to have this game from the hazemd set playable on xbox as we cant play it on neogenesis or any other emu at this moment.

thanks.

It looks like a fun game but it wouldn't really fit to add it to FBL in its current form. It would be fairly easy to compile a separate build solely for Genesis and SNES games if there was any great interest in that, but would there be any real advantage besides playing that one game?

well to be honest it is just that game i was interested in as obviously i can use neogensis and zsnexbox or xsnes9xbox for the console stuff.

unless of course anyone has got any other input regarding your question,should be interesting to find out anyway.

(...) but would there be any real advantage besides playing that one game?

No other - absolutely none - emulator for Sega Genesis out there

has scanlines filtering support over point hardware video.

It is just FBL, NestopiaX on NES and ZsneXbox on SNES.

:( :( :lol::P:(

Regards,

C.

Edited by Cospefogo

+T+,

I need to recall tis subject again since

the answer was not clear for me.

Is there ay chance of having the games

like Raiden and Toki getting its music fixed?

On both games the sound (music only) is

really, really, really slow. But all game and

SFX are perfectly fine.

Those are my favs...

=/

Regards,

C.

+T+,

I need to recall tis subject again since

the answer was not clear for me.

Is there ay chance of having the games

like Raiden and Toki getting its music fixed?

On both games the sound (music only) is

really, really, really slow. But all game and

SFX are perfectly fine.

Those are my favs...

=/

Regards,

C.

This issue exists in PC FBA as well so unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it until an updated driver becomes available.