Final Burn Legends 1.4

+ T +

Hello. If possible could you take a look at Devil World - get's stuck on rom boot/load screen and Aliens - sound issues. Thanks

Devil World I'm aware of and looking into. The sound in Aliens is the same in PC FBA.

+T+, are you saying that these games that I had to switch the bios to unibios to work... they should work with the default bios you've chosen anyway? Was it just a case of me simply not waiting long enough on the green screen or something?

If you have the correct ROMs then those games will work regardless of which bios you set. The green screen only displays for a second or two. I must stress again; if you're not into updating your ROMs then you're better off sticking with whichever version of FBL works with the sets you have as there will be ROM changes in every release from now on.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, okay, I just wanted confirmation of that.

I've always assumed a rom would either work or it wouldn't; didn't realise that it was possible to force older roms to work by simply changing the bios used. You live and learn.

(And it's not that I'm "not into" it: I simply don't have the time nowadays. Any gametime I had available would be spent just updating everything rather than, you know... actually playing.)

Thanks for clearing that up, though.

Oh, one more thing - and I guess it's a personal question, so tell me to sod off by all means: you keep saying that whole "from now on" thing, and I get the impression that you've suddenly decided to really get back on top of things with this - what happened? What I mean is, it seemed (to me) like the FBA/FBL project died for quite a while, and now suddenly there's this update, and talk of quite a bit of work in the future... I'm just curious as to where this sudden burst of activity come from, is all.

Oh, one more thing - and I guess it's a personal question, so tell me to sod off by all means: you keep saying that whole "from now on" thing, and I get the impression that you've suddenly decided to really get back on top of things with this - what happened? What I mean is, it seemed (to me) like the FBA/FBL project died for quite a while, and now suddenly there's this update, and talk of quite a bit of work in the future... I'm just curious as to where this sudden burst of activity come from, is all.

It's fine, I'll answer you but I really don't want this to derail the topic. As several members on here are already aware, I've been wanting to do some work on FBL for quite a long while. But, with the forum the way it was up until recently, I knew I'd never be able to release anything since at that time it would only have fueled the confrontational and negative elements that had turned this board into a very depressing place to be. Fortunately things changed for the better and the forum quietened down a lot. So then after a few conversations I had with neoryu, I decided to give it a shot and see what could be achieved. Of course, without iq_132's input 1.4 would have been a much more low-key release, but nonetheless I'm pleased with what I was able to do after so long (and still with no coding knowledge of any kind!). And, for the time being, that's what I'm going to keep doing; FBL is an amazing port and if my little tweaks and additions (not to mention iq_132's BIG tweaks and additions) help bring some of the old life back to the forum and the scene in general then I'm glad to be doing it.

So now back to FBL discussion...

Hey Bigby, I fixed the sound in Dokaben for you. Turns out it also fixed sound in about a dozen other games so thanks for that report. :D

normally i would check this myself but i dont know enough about this game or the control mechanic of it,basically over at another forum someone asked me this question.

Does anybody know if they fixed the bug in this release with dungeons and dragons tower of doom and shadow over mystara.

where you couldnt choose an item as it was missing a 4 button option?

any replies are welcome.

Êpa!

There is something that made me sleep bad last night...

Since I was working with pixel perfect, testing roms, adjusting

skins and other similar operation, my TV was mute, because

I had a hell of a Miles Davis playing out loud in the background.

BUT, when I did turn the TV sound back on and comfortably

sat down for a refreshing gaming session with »Raiden«,

I found out that the music/bgm is completely slow!

Looks like the BGM is playing in slow motion.

I hope this issue could be fixed...

Regards!

»=<^c^>=«

What was the problem? I'm just curious. :D

Integrating changes from the latest revision of that particular audio driver added the missing music.

Does anybody know if they fixed the bug in this release with dungeons and dragons tower of doom and shadow over mystara.

where you couldnt choose an item as it was missing a 4 button option?

This was fixed by nes6502 in FBL1.2.