Final Burn Legends 1.4

+ T +

Yes, I did change the default NG bios to MVS. Unibios are great to have as an option but I don't care for them personally. I prefer the authentic arcade bios as the default. :lol:

Hej!

I prefer the bios where I can play the fighting

games in all bloody gore violent mode.

=)

What are the differences between the BIOSes?

Ah, and I just noticed the old garbled green screen back!

No problem for me!

C.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, I never understood what the different bios do. Is there a Wiki on it?

Yes, I did change the default NG bios to MVS. Unibios are great to have as an option but I don't care for them personally. I prefer the authentic arcade bios as the default. :lol:

Here's a little wip update:

All sets now work

-- They all run 45 to 55 fps

The vmm has been greatly updated

-- faster

-- able to handle different read types

At this point I have not started optimizing the speed at all. I have no idea if I can get them full speed or not.

I'm making some missing videos for FBL and the sound in "Dokaben" is all messed up. It's fine in FBA on PC.

It's a baseball type game, so there might not be a alot of interest in it, but thought I'd mention it :lol:

Edited by Bigby

hi about FBL 1.4 i have tested these roms that were included in the download:

- wow new fantasy: its upside down

normally if you check the video options you can rotate the screen, ie 90', 180' and so on. you may have to leave the rom then reload from the game list

It's a baseball type game, so there might not be a alot of interest in it, but thought I'd mention it :)

only if the boston red sox are playing then there is interest... :o

Yes, I did change the default NG bios to MVS. Unibios are great to have as an option but I don't care for them personally. I prefer the authentic arcade bios as the default. :)

i've noticed that many of my neogeo sets (i have the cbagy 1.4 set[mucho gracias cbagy :o ]) have been set to the mvs bios. answers that question. i get the green screen... of course manually changing them to the uni bios is easy, just tedious.

i really like the update. +T+, kenshiro, and iq_132. yoos ar reelly is guud. :lol:

Edited by tristanx

All sets now work

-- faster

At this point I have not started optimizing the speed at all. I have no idea if I can get them full speed or not.

Rather shocking to see all of these recent updates being made to FBL. Some heavy improvements and additions have been made that were once thought to be impossible on the Xbox. The new PGM2 games on Xbox? CPS3 games in FBL? Man, that's crazy. There's so much to be excited for.

@iq_132:

I have a question for you. Does the new universal VMM you wrote apply to all games that require VMM or is it core specific?

Ya, I never understood what the different bios do. Is there a Wiki on it?

The short answer is; MVS bios are used by original NeoGeo arcade cabinets, AES bios are the home console NeoGeo bios, and Unibios are a homebrew bios loaded with extra features and enhancements. The green screen the MVS bios throws up on loading is the hardware test screen exactly as it would have appeared on an MVS cabinet. All the blood and gore settings are available with this bios and can be activated by going into the diagnostic menu, though many games have it on by default anyway.

i've noticed that many of my neogeo sets (i have the cbagy 1.4 set[mucho gracias cbagy :D ]) have been set to the mvs bios. answers that question. i get the green screen... of course manually changing them to the uni bios is easy, just tedious.

Yes, I found it equally tedious having to switch from the Unibios to MVS when I was using FBL1.3. Consider this my present to myself. :D

All sets now work

-- faster

An amazing feat regardless of whether or not you ever get them to run faster than that. It's so hard to believe we're still talking about an Xbox1 here!

I'm making some missing videos for FBL and the sound in "Dokaben" is all messed up. It's fine in FBA on PC.

It's a baseball type game, so there might not be a alot of interest in it, but thought I'd mention it :)

Thanks for the report. I'll look into that one.

Playing through new addition is eye tearing, such a great job and improvements porting to old xbox, praise iq_132 !

Request/thoughts about romlist : as no left/right trigger available from panel,

smooth auto scroll when holding d-pad up or down

ala xbmc (with a slight noise - to give the menu some consistency),

Left / right could be better used for section (numbers-letters) jump.

Actually, try to go to the top with fast jump (left) and you'll be stuck in the beginning of the first screen's list.

Also, going one step down at very end of list should warp you to the first entry.

Controller setup :

That would be neat to have some 'profile' that could be mapped globally to game filters, like a special mapping for neogeo, another for cpsx ...for instance, do we have to set each game settings one by one or using external script to generate the per game ini's ?

Aside, good work on pixel perfect guys, following your finding closely.

Edited by Garcimak

I'm a little confused at this point.

Yeah, again.

+T+, are you saying that these games that I had to switch the bios to unibios to work... they should work with the default bios you've chosen anyway? Was it just a case of me simply not waiting long enough on the green screen or something?

Also, just thinking aloud here...

I can find a full pack for 1.3, and a full pack for 1.4, and I can find the additions for 1.4... wouldn't it be really splendid if, oh, say some lovely dude was to put together a pack that contained any roms that have actually changed from 1.3 to 1.4, i.e. roms that worked in 1.3, but will no longer work in 1.4?

Wouldn't it? Yes. Yes, it would. Not that I would ever request such a thing. Oh, no. Not I.

*ahem*

Lastly - really can't say this enough - a bamazillion thanks to +T+ and iq_132 for this.

Absolutely loving it.

More to come, you say?

Keep it coming, chaps!

Edited by RatherAnnoyed