Final Burn Legends 1.4

+ T +

Guys, more questions!

1 - Some games are not running, FBL acuses "OUT OF MEMORY" error. I tried them in both FBL 1.3 and FBL 1.4.

Metal Slug 3 has this problem. Also, all KoF 2K, 2K1, 2K2, 2K3, Garou, SVC, and some other fat ones.

It just happens on NeoGeo games. No CPS2 or other mame gave me this error.

Is this a emulator issue or it could be a ROM issue? Is someone able to test those games in FBL 1.4 for me?

2 - Out Run 1 has a glitch in the SFX sounds.

3 - I had a problem to capture a screenshot for Demon's World (Toaplan). I don't know if it is related to the slash (/) in

the rom name or what. Every time I try to capture a screenshot FBL tells me, gently, "FBL ENCOUNTERED A ERROR,

PLEASE SCRATCH YOUR HEAD TO EXIT". :lol:

I did take note of more things (most ideas and suggestions) but it was late in the night and I forgot to get

the note this morning when I left for work.

Regards,

C.

Edited by Cospefogo

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All those Neogeo games work perfectly. As gamez fan says, check your ROMsets.

Also I can't hear any sound glitches in Out Run. Again, a bad ROM could be to blame.

Also, I just took a screenshot in Demon World and it worked fine. Are you absolutely sure you're running a clean installation since you seem to be experiencing several issues that are unique to you?

Guys, more questions!

1 - Some games are not running, FBL acuses "OUT OF MEMORY" error. I tried them in both FBL 1.3 and FBL 1.4.

Metal Slug 3 has this problem. Also, all KoF 2K, 2K1, 2K2, 2K3, Garou, SVC, and some other fat ones.

It just happens on NeoGeo games. No CPS2 or other mame gave me this error.

Is this a emulator issue or it could be a ROM issue? Is someone able to test those games in FBL 1.4 for me?

The only Neogeo games which can run out of memory are actually the PCB sets (svc, kof2003, mslug5) and few others, all in a video mode higher than 480P. They're already fix (i will give the code to +T+).

the "OUT OF MEMORY" error means that a call of malloc() failed, so definitly not an rom issue.

If it is not a radioactivity issue, or if you don't use a special revision of the Xbox with 16 MB of RAM, i suggest you to perform a clean install. If it still does not work i can give you the number phone of an exorcist.

Edited by - kenshiro -

All those Neogeo games work perfectly. As gamez fan says, check your ROMsets.

Also I can't hear any sound glitches in Out Run. Again, a bad ROM could be to blame.

Also, I just took a screenshot in Demon World and it worked fine. Are you absolutely sure you're running a clean installation since you seem to be experiencing several issues that are unique to you?

Well, my roms came from 1.3 romset created by BigBy, I think. I will talk to him about this. Outrun came in the same package as well.

Demon's World presented the glitch while capturing screenshot all times I tried. NOTE: For FBL 1.4 I am pointing, in the INI, to the FBL 1.3 ARTWORK folder...

Using a full E:/xxxxxxx path, instead of D:/.I will try to change this.

Cos, you probably have an outdated set. I think that FBL 1.4 uses new roms than 1.3 did. You should PM Bigby. He will be able to point you to the place where you can get the most recent built from the DATs included with 1.4.

Talk soon

Yes, it could be.

I will check.

The only Neogeo games which can run out of memory are actually the PCB sets (svc, kof2003, mslug5) and few others, all in a video mode higher than 480P. They're already fix (i will give the code to +T+).

the "OUT OF MEMORY" error means that a call of malloc() failed, so definitly not an rom issue.

If it is not a radioactivity issue, or if you don't use a special revision of the Xbox with 16 MB of RAM, i suggest you to perform a clean install. If it still does not work i can give you the number phone of an exorcist.

Well, I am running 720p, I will try to check the games under 480p. And yes, I am using a super clean install. I even avoided to import the INIs due to the problem of weird screensize we are discussing in other topic. I will try with other roms, or even some RomCenter work using FBL dat.

Well, thanks guys for your reply.

Iwill post my results later.

C.

In regards of the OUT OF MEMORY error, I see that CPS3 games are in this build but they dont work because of the RAM issue. Is there a planned CPS3 XBE core down road to handle these games ala Cave Shumps?

Interesting that you mention that...

In regards of the OUT OF MEMORY error, I see that CPS3 games are in this build but they dont work because of the RAM issue. Is there a planned CPS3 XBE core down road to handle these games ala Cave Shumps?

Interesting that you mention that...

does this mean that fbl 1.x will be able to play cps3 games soon? :lol:

...and cpx3 will be obsolete??