Final Burn Legends 1.4

+ T +

Maybe that's it then. Gilou9999, I could send you a few of my old PP INIs, along with the new 1.4 versions so you could test out this theory if you want.

Like I said earlier, I never really got around to going through the entire FBL set and creating PP INIs for all of them - so starting from 'scratch' now isn't a worry for me - just as long as other 1.4 users don't have any problems.

just a thing i noticed that could explain this issue importing the inis from fbl 1.3:

the skin

in the skin folder there is a file called arcade.ini wich contains the 4 lines mentioned above

zLeft0=1.150000

zRight0=-9.480121

zTop0=-5.350028

zBottom0=5.270025

these values are differents of the values used by the default skin of fbl 1.3

just a clue, im trying to understand with you guys

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us know how those INIs work!

Yeah, I'm probably not the best person to review these. I still don't know how resizing a screen to be 'pixel perfect' could be anything other than 1x/2x/3x/4x/anyotherInteger * the emulated game's actual output resolution.

In 480P, no amount of fiddling with the 10x11 and Widescreen Fix options made the few games I tried show no scaling artifacts -AND- show the entire screen. I don't know if it's my setup or how the .INIs are, but the first example I ran into was 1941, where yes, the scrolling was nice and smooth with no artifacts, but the top (score area) and bottom (VITAL/lives/ROLL area) of the game's screen were way past the edges of the visible area of the monitor itself.

Since I'm not playing on a 4:3/3:4 CRT, but on a 16:10 VGA monitor, I just end up running everything in 720P and scaling w/correct aspect, and I just deal with the alternating-size pixels caused by the scaling :/

Anyone else get slow, stuttering sound in 1942? For me, it's noticeable at the very start of the game when it plays the little tune during & after takeoff. (game itself is running at 59.9~/60fps)

This is an FBA driver issue. The PC version is the same.

thanks, havent mess with my xbox in months. new update means older sets wont work.

Hey, GLiTcH. Good to see you. It's been a while ;). Yes, most older roms won't work with FBL1.4. An FBANext or recent MAME set should do for most of them. See the included DATs.

just a thing i noticed that could explain this issue importing the inis from fbl 1.3:

the skin

in the skin folder there is a file called arcade.ini wich contains the 4 lines mentioned above

zLeft0=1.150000

zRight0=-9.480121

zTop0=-5.350028

zBottom0=5.270025

these values are differents of the values used by the default skin of fbl 1.3

just a clue, im trying to understand with you guys

Those values shouldn't affect your screen sizes since the modifiers are not cumulative. Any values you have in a game ini should override these.

Dear +T+,

Some comments apart of PixPerfect subjects...

1 - It could be nice to have a option to present simple game name in the rom list.

I really don't care if the game is "Bootleg EURO Version ABC". I know it is important

for collectors and purists, but for people who just want to play the rom

list gets very "crowded" sometimes.

2 - One very silly request by my part, mostly because I had acquired a "phobia"

from something that used to happen a lot in the very earlier versions of this emulator.

When you get a error message, most of the time opening a defective rom, the emulator

says "Press A to exit". And in the past, sometime the A did get registered more than

one time, I think, and the defective game used to start again, over and over. It was

a really bad bug.

Let's change to "You got a error! Press "Y" to exit!"?

;):D :D :D

3 - I don't know how the drive thing works and how complex is to add new games,

but I have a small list here of some classics that really could be a great addition

to FBL!

» City Connection

» Circus Charlie

» Bad Dudes Vs Dragon Ninja

» Robocop 1

» R-Type

» R-Type Leo

» Sidepocket

» EDF Oh my oh

» Moon Patrol

» Contra

» Super Contra

» Spartan X / Kung Fu

» Astyanax

» Calliber 50

» Klax

» Thunder Fox

Great great classics...

Best regards!

Cospefogo.

AH!

One important suggestion!

When the emulator reaches it's final version,

let's change its name to FINAL BURN LOVE?

\m/ \m/

Edited by Cospefogo

1 - It could be nice to have a option to present simple game name in the rom list.

I really don't care if the game is "Bootleg EURO Version ABC". I know it is important

for collectors and purists, but for people who just want to play the rom

list gets very "crowded" sometimes.

I remember nes6502 and ressurectionx having a discussion about this. You can use the favourites feature and then edit then names in your favourites list to say anything you want. I'm pretty much in agreement with nes6502 that it's not a good feature for the emulator itself as it makes it impossible to tell clones from parent etc.

Let's change to "You got a error! Press "Y" to exit!"?

;):D :D :D

If I made the message say that then people would end up trying to press the wrong button, wouldn't they? :D

» Bad Dudes Vs Dragon Ninja

» Robocop 1

» Contra

Contra is already supported. As for Dragon Ninja and Robocop; there is a preliminary driver for those games in the FBL sourcecode. I haven't tried it so I don't know how or even if it runs (probably not too well) but it means it is probably being worked on.

When the emulator reaches it's final version,

let's change its name to FINAL BURN LOVE?

Agreed. ;)

For those who want to play Double Dragon faster than the arcade machine, it now uses the CPU overclock setting in General Options so you can speed it up as much as you want to eliminate slowdown or leave it at the default for the authentic experience. Thanks once again to iq_132.

Hey T,

Could you look into adding these Arcade Ambiance tracks into the default FBL skin? I tried to do it myself, but for some reason, it stuttered and made the interface hiccup. It would also be great if we could select which of the four tracks to play - if its not too much trouble of course. Here is a link:

http://arcade.hofle.com/downloads.htm

Also, how hard would it be to add custom controls to FBL? In CoinOps, for games such as ARKANOID, MISSILE COMMAND, and CRYSTAL CASTLES there is an option for mouse input. This allows you to use a trackball or spinner dial for games that supported them. This really adds to the experience and I think it would be an excellent addition. CENTIPEDE just can't be expected to be played with a joy/thumstick! ;)

Thanks

Edited by PhilExile

For my part i have test the Cospefogo DDragon roms and his INI files ;)

Really beautifull work to play games like i know them there is a long time ago lol

They are not working fine ... some time good, some time slower some time quicker ... not really kool to play :D

I have try also to overclock CPU 150% but it is same for me :D

Hey T,

Could you look into adding these Arcade Ambiance tracks into the default FBL skin? I tried to do it myself, but for some reason, it stuttered and made the interface hiccup. It would also be great if we could select which of the four tracks to play - if its not too much trouble of course. Here is a link:

http://arcade.hofle.com/downloads.htm

Also, how hard would it be to add custom controls to FBL? In CoinOps, for games such as ARKANOID, MISSILE COMMAND, and CRYSTAL CASTLES there is an option for mouse input. This allows you to use a trackball or spinner dial for games that supported them. This really adds to the experience and I think it would be an excellent addition. CENTIPEDE just can't be expected to be played with a joy/thumstick! ;)

Thanks

Those tracks are pretty long mp3 files. Try cutting them down in an audio editing program, maybe even reducing the bitrate. There's no reason they shouldn't play as well as any other mp3 file.

If PC FBA allows mouse control then it may be possible to port it across to FBL. I don't have a mouse adapter for my Xbox though so would be difficult to test.

They are not working fine ... some time good, some time slower some time quicker ... not really kool to play :D

I have try also to overclock CPU 150% but it is same for me :D

Overclocking the CPU in Double Dragon won't do anything in 1.4 because I've only just added it to 1.5 which hasn't been released yet.

Edited by + T +

Those tracks are pretty long mp3 files. Try cutting them down in an audio editing program, maybe even reducing the bitrate. There's no reason they shouldn't play as well as any other mp3 file.

OK - I'll look into that.

If PC FBA allows mouse control then it may be possible to port it across to FBL. I don't have a mouse adapter for my Xbox though so would be difficult to test.

I'd be glad to mail you one. ;)