Final Burn Legends 1.4

+ T +

About screensizes:

It is very strange indeed. I just copied all the FBL 1.4 downloaded folder

to a place completely apart of FBL 1.3. I have not changed anything, specially

in the new screen.ini file, which, on a overall vision, is a blessing.

Then, I did copy all my game INIs to the d:/ini/emulation/

But no matter what, all games I open keep getting as screensize the

default value registered in Screen.ini.

Later, I did erase all files from the d:/ini/emulation/ and tried with

just a single game, a title that I was sure that was pixel perfect

in FBL 1.3. No results. FBL 1.4 just ignores my game INI information...

But now I wonder... I did not check if this ini was updated once the

game was started or not. I will take a look.

The only way I found to open and create correct pixel aspect ratio

inis for CPS1 and CPS2, for example, was to keep the d:/ini/emulation/

empty, and, in the Screen.ini file ---- did insert the screen values

copied from a CPS1/CPS2 game from FBL 1.3.

Then, I was needing to open game by game to create its new ini,

or then create the ini files in windows, one by one. Oh no... too

painful.

I will try to migrate again and narrow down all my steps in the

weekend to see what happens.

I'm not sure what to tell you Cospefogo. Every time I migrate an ini from 1.3 to 1.4 it works fine, screensizes and all. If there is a problem here I'll get it fixed but right now I just can't identify one. I was particularly careful to implement the Screen.ini feature in such a way that it wouldn't interfere with preset game configs. Has anyone else had any success or problems with transferring ini files? Once again, it seems to work perfectly here.

About rotated vertical games

+T+, is there a way to have directional controls rotated as well when we did

rotate a game? Just like... er... CoinOPS...

This is something I can look into. Out of interest, under what circumstances would this be useful?

I agree Double Dragon without any slowdown is really a nice gaming experiance, I even have the actual Jamma board of the game so I know the slowdown does exist. But I loved playing it on Coinops because the game ran soo smoothly with not one bit of slowdown. It really is the best way to play Double Dragon which is without the actual arcade slowdown. I think if we relied on the emulation to be accurate for the xbox we would be missing alot of games that we currently have including cps3 and games that used much vmm etc and games iq_132 fixed the drivers for etc. So its good to cut corners on accuracy for xbox because its running on old hardware and leave accuracy for the PC versions. It helps when we have a chance of getting a better gaming experiance on our good old xbox's and we are lucky with what we have :)

I maintain that my preference is for accurate arcade emulation. But there may be some compromise to be had. Let me look into it, maybe I can tie the faster Double Dragon code into the CPU overclock option or something. But if not and it comes down to a choice between the two then I'll stick with accuracy and keep the original hardware slowdown. Since you have the original PCB would you be able to say how close the speed of FBL is to the speed of the original? I'm just curious.

Question:

FBL 1.3 and 1.4 does not rely on E:/TDATA and E:/UDATA for saving anything, like CoinOPS, correct?

I have not touched anything on those places for my clean install...

Cospefogo.

FBL does not use TDATA or UDATA at all. All files are stored in the emulator directories.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if i understand, actually, when a game is launched, it isnt "pixel perfect"...am i right ? Cospefogo, when are you releasing your inis ?lots of peoples around here are waiting for your work ^^.Please at least consider to release some .inis :)

So, if i understand, actually, when a game is launched, it isnt "pixel perfect"...am i right ? Cospefogo, when are you releasing your inis ?lots of peoples around here are waiting for your work ^^.Please at least consider to release some .inis :)

Hey Sparda!

I can share my INIs of course.

But a warning --- all of them are set up to SIMPLE2X, 720p and using SCANLINES, oh my oh my wonderful SCANLINES filter.

Just let me play a bit more with my settings and I will share them.

But at the moment I need to find a way to migrate from 1.3 to 1.4 correctly!

I am having trouble to perform that (check my previous posts).

And yes, FBL does not have a pixel perfect setting.

It always open the game based on the game own INI, or based in the screen.ini settings (new in FBL 1.4).

But in FBL 1.3, when a game does not have its own INI, FBL uses the screen settings from the last game played/open.

Regards,

Cospefogo.

720p ...nooooooooo

i only have CRT at home, not fancy LCD screen at all...okay, im a liar, i have one Samsung LCD moniter 23"..im playing Vanquish and some others 360 games on it..otherwise...i have 4 CRT at home. 1 PVM 2030, 1 Trinitron 29" 4/3, and 2 16/9 (one blackdiva Thomson, one Quintrix Panasonic ^^)

But please, share them ^^, we're waiting for since many months ^^

i'm having the same issues Cospefogo has:

I know it is a pain in the ass to hear the same thing about those damn "pixel accurates screen" (pixel perfect isn't an appropriate word)

i copied my pixel accuraates inis from fbl 1.3 and nio way, i can't have differents screensizes for differents games i can only have one screen setting for all the games

@ sparda: you can grab my pixel accurates setting in emuxtras.net , my settings are integrated with my "final burn heroes" skin

thx if you can have a look at this +t+

Hey +T+ is SNK's P.O.W. Prisoners of War working in FBL 1.4? Ive had issues with this and in FBANext360. Works fine in CoinOPS though. Running POW through FBL has GFX glitches. Thanks and keep up the awesome work!

POW seems to be working nicely in 1.4. Check it out for yourself and if you find any graphics glitches then let me know and I'll look into them but I didn't notice any.

i'm having the same issues Cospefogo has:

I know it is a pain in the ass to hear the same thing about those damn "pixel accurates screen" (pixel perfect isn't an appropriate word)

i copied my pixel accuraates inis from fbl 1.3 and nio way, i can't have differents screensizes for differents games i can only have one screen setting for all the games

@ sparda: you can grab my pixel accurates setting in emuxtras.net , my settings are integrated with my "final burn heroes" skin

thx if you can have a look at this +t+

I can't look at anything until somebody sends me an ini file. All the ones I've tried have worked perfectly.

Oriental Legend

Oriental Legend Super

Knights of Valour

cant work

You romsets are wrong. All these games are working. Check them with the Romcenter DAT you'll find in the tools\ folder.

it seems that some people are running both fbl 1.3 and fbl 1.4 on their xbox hdd,surely this might cause some problems for people like for example ini settings.

could be wrong though.

I understand +T+,

it's hard to explain the bug we have , to reproduce:

You can grab the skin i created for fbl 1.3 here it includes "pixel accurates screen settings for cps1,cps2 and near all neo geo games)

fbl heroes skin page download with accurate pixel setting inis

you should try with fbl 1.3 and see for example strider (the accurate pixel screen size is wide because the cps1 width resolution is wide) without any software or hardware filter you won't see pixel distorsion in the stage 1 diagonals platforms

now if you try a "lambda random screen size value you'll notice distortion on those stage 1 diagonals platforms

and even if you try my inis with fbl 1.4 for some reasons it's not the same results as in fbl 1.3

some explanation of the accurate pixel ratio here in the webpage of my friend Cospefogo:

The accurate pixel ratio settings for our emus

Edited by Robert