Final Burn Legends 1.4

+ T +

is it possible for screenshots too ? or they have to be named according to rom name ?

Assuming I get it working, which shouldn't be too hard, I'll implement this feature so it applies to videos, screenshots, and marquees.

Is there any way to get the animated logo back? and lose the marquee feature? I know Neil222 skin looks awesome with the marquees on the rombrowser :) But the only reason I ask is because I have about 4-5 FBL skins that I was about to release, but none of them were designed with the marquee feature in mind, and I can't seem to go back to the animated logo on mainmenu and rombrowser. Would be cool if we had a choice to either display marquees or have the animated logo.

Restoring the animated logo to the main menu should be no problem at all, I'll do it for the next release. As for the rombrowser, you can restore the logo yourself (though it won't be animated) by replacing the file \images\fbl.png with your logo file.

i still cant get penguin brothers to work ive tried 3 roms from diffrent sites checked the romcentre dat with each one all the roms in the folder uo6.bin etc matchup so cant explain it anyway i lose penbros but gain esp gal ddp3 ketsui cant argue with that

I just tested penbros and it runs perfectly. What resolution are you running in? Are you absolutely certain your set is showing green in Romcenter? Check your PM.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much, +T+,

I just tried to migrate to 1.4 and got some problems.

1 - I did copy the entire new FBL 1.4 folder to my HDD

2 - I did move all my roms from FBL 1.3 to FBL 1.4

3 - I did move all my /INI/EMULATION/ game specific ini files from FBL 1.3 to FBL 1.4

...and there is no way for FBL 1.4 to "read/import" my game inis --- regarding specifically the game screensizes. I have all my FBL 1.3 games set up in pixel perfect screen sizes, CPS1 and CPS2, NeoGeo ad many many other various games in perfect pixel aspect ratio. But unfortunately I am not able to import these screensizes into FBL 1.4.

Also, the readme says the Double Dragon 1 was fixed... but in my vision Double Dragon 1 was broken!

In FBL 1.3 Double Dragon 1 was fully playable, super fast, smooth, no slowdows when the screen is crowded, perfectly playable! I never saw Double Dragon 1 running so nice in all my life.

But now in FBL 1.4 Double Dragon 1 is back to its old slow and problematic frame rate, just like in CoinOps. The game becomes completely unplayable when we have many sprites in the screen. I know this reflects the real/original hardware, but it is really a pity. Dear +T+, this was intentional? Am I missing something here?

Best regards,

Cospefogo.

Restoring the animated logo to the main menu should be no problem at all, I'll do it for the next release. As for the rombrowser, you can restore the logo yourself (though it won't be animated) by replacing the file \images\fbl.png with your logo file.

Nice thanks, I'll hang on for the next release then to release my skins as they kinda need the animated logo. Although I just started working on one that will use the arcade marquee aswell :)

But now in FBL 1.4 Double Dragon 1 is back to its old slow and problematic frame rate, just like in CoinOps. The game becomes completely unplayable when we have many sprites in the screen. I know this reflects the real/original hardware, but it is really a pity. Dear +T+, this was intentional? Am I missing something here?

I just tried it and I see what you mean its very slow in FBL. But I don't know what you mean when you say Double Dragon runs bad in Coinops, If I remember correctly Double Dragon ran perfect in Coinops because iq_132 fixed all the slowdown issues.

Edited by Mr Feud

Thanks so much, +T+,

I just tried to migrate to 1.4 and got some problems.

1 - I did copy the entire new FBL 1.4 folder to my HDD

2 - I did move all my roms from FBL 1.3 to FBL 1.4

3 - I did move all my /INI/EMULATION/ game specific ini files from FBL 1.3 to FBL 1.4

...and there is no way for FBL 1.4 to "read/import" my game inis --- regarding specifically the game screensizes. I have all my FBL 1.3 games set up in pixel perfect screen sizes, CPS1 and CPS2, NeoGeo ad many many other various games in perfect pixel aspect ratio. But unfortunately I am not able to import these screensizes into FBL 1.4.

Also, the readme says the Double Dragon 1 was fixed... but in my vision Double Dragon 1 was broken!

In FBL 1.3 Double Dragon 1 was fully playable, super fast, smooth, no slowdows when the screen is crowded, perfectly playable! I never saw Double Dragon 1 running so nice in all my life.

Best regards,

Cospefogo.

I just tested everything you've said and sorry but I don't have these problems. I can copy game ini files from 1.3 to 1.4 without problems and individual screen size settings are restored. Perhaps you could send me some specific inis that were giving you problems but I tried a handleful of my own and the settings transfer just fine. Are you otherwise running a clean install?

With Double Dragon. What set are you using? Using the ddragon parent set I've just tried it on FBL1.3 and the games runs extremely choppily at under 20fps. In FBL1.4 it maintains a solid 59.9fps, so I'm assuming the slowdown when the screen is crowded comes from the original hardware. I appreciate that CoinOPS may enhance Double Dragon to run faster than the original arcade machine but I would have reservations about doing this in FBL since I prefer my emulation to be accurate.

Im having issues when trying to re-size the screen.When resizing in the main options it does not save the screen settings, and when I do it in game it only lets me change size from left to right and not up and down so now everything is currently unplayable.

Keep in mind that the global screensize setting doesn't overwrite any per-game settings. Per-game settings are created whenever you run a game. So you should set your global screen size when you first install the emulator before running any games, otherwise the setting will not be applied to games that already have an ini file created for them. As for the left/right issue; You do know you have to use both analog sticks to resize the screen don't you? Also if you're resizing a vertical game the screen is rotated, as are the resizing controls.

Actual arcade hardware Double Dragon does indeed have slowdown when it gets crowded...earliest place to majorly see this is when the first Abobo breaks out. IMO this is how it should be :) No overclocking of CPUs to smooth stuff up...that makes it a different game basically :)

Hey guys!

Let's go:

About screensizes:

It is very strange indeed. I just copied all the FBL 1.4 downloaded folder

to a place completely apart of FBL 1.3. I have not changed anything, specially

in the new screen.ini file, which, on a overall vision, is a blessing.

Then, I did copy all my game INIs to the d:/ini/emulation/

But no matter what, all games I open keep getting as screensize the

default value registered in Screen.ini.

Later, I did erase all files from the d:/ini/emulation/ and tried with

just a single game, a title that I was sure that was pixel perfect

in FBL 1.3. No results. FBL 1.4 just ignores my game INI information...

But now I wonder... I did not check if this ini was updated once the

game was started or not. I will take a look.

The only way I found to open and create correct pixel aspect ratio

inis for CPS1 and CPS2, for example, was to keep the d:/ini/emulation/

empty, and, in the Screen.ini file ---- did insert the screen values

copied from a CPS1/CPS2 game from FBL 1.3.

Then, I was needing to open game by game to create its new ini,

or then create the ini files in windows, one by one. Oh no... too

painful.

I will try to migrate again and narrow down all my steps in the

weekend to see what happens.

About Double Dragon:

I don't have the very last release of CoinOPS. I think it is not necessary

since all improvement that I saw so far was the home console game insertion,

which really does not interest me. Maybe on the latest version Double Dragon

is perfect, one of these days maybe I will check.

Back to FBL 1.3 --- I don't have here the name of the rom, but it was downloaded

from *snip*. I will make a movie this weekend comparing both

versions.

I know some of you guys prefer the emulation as accurate as possible, and I agree

with it --- but double Dragon 1 with slowdowns is really unplayable. Go to the top

of the first elevator in the second level, the game becomes really really really slow.

Ah, and Double Dragon 2, in FBL 1.3 is awesome too! Super fast! Absolutely no

slowdowns. In FBL 1.4 i have not tested yet. But, no problem, it is a matter of personal

taste, I think.

+T+, I will send you my INIs and I will make some pictures and videos of the

situation...

About rotated vertical games

+T+, is there a way to have directional controls rotated as well when we did

rotate a game? Just like... er... CoinOPS...

See you later, guys!

Cospefogo.

I know some of you guys prefer the emulation as accurate as possible, and I agree

with it --- but double Dragon 1 with slowdowns is really unplayable. Go to the top

of the first elevator in the second level, the game becomes really really really slow.

Ah, and Double Dragon 2, in FBL 1.3 is awesome too! Super fast! Absolutely no

slowdowns. In FBL 1.4 i have not tested yet. But, no problem, it is a matter of personal

taste, I think.

+T+, I will send you my INIs and I will make some pictures and videos of the

situation...

I agree Double Dragon without any slowdown is really a nice gaming experiance, I even have the actual Jamma board of the game so I know the slowdown does exist. But I loved playing it on Coinops because the game ran soo smoothly with not one bit of slowdown. It really is the best way to play Double Dragon which is without the actual arcade slowdown. I think if we relied on the emulation to be accurate for the xbox we would be missing alot of games that we currently have including cps3 and games that used much vmm etc and games iq_132 fixed the drivers for etc. So its good to cut corners on accuracy for xbox because its running on old hardware and leave accuracy for the PC versions. It helps when we have a chance of getting a better gaming experiance on our good old xbox's and we are lucky with what we have :)

Copied everything i nedd from my FBL 1.3 folders to my new FBL 1.4 install.

Copied Screenshots, Video's, Singularity skin (with marquee mod), ini's and everything and can report everything works exactly as it should. Simultaneous video previews with screenshots and marquees. People must be doing something wrong !

Well done +T+, IQ_132 and of course Neil222 for his skin.