5ft Xbox Arcade Machine

ace9094

This is my arcade machine....

Not the best footage in the world but hey....

The thing most people comment on when see it is the control panel, It uses mini momentary buttons for the L&R triggers.

The cabinet is 5ft high and 20" wide

The screen is a 14" Portable TV

Control Panel is custom made (it uses hacked pads thanks to Garcimack)

Marquee is custom made

It was tuff to fit the buttons on for 2 players.

You will can notice the Player 1 and Player2 buttons are not straight.

This is because the micro switches didn't fit correct :thumbsup1:

Please feel free to comment (good or bad)

For anyone with an xbox cab, BP is holding a competition for best cab so head over to the blog if your interested in entering !

This is my machine... Now 99.9% finished

The following steps are from when I bought it to now...

This is eBay pic, I just wanted the cab due to the 5ft size as I live in a small flat. Notice the coindoor and position of the buttons etc, This needed amending as you will see later...

OHmqUmx7.jpeg

The cab had been painted with white GLOSS :( and the T-mould had been glued in place...

The montior had screen burn and the wiring was from the early 80's. it all got stripped out and binned.

I sanded the cab by hand to remove the gloss and roughly chiseled the T-Mould off. Then I used a craft knife to get it flush with the cab and used filler to repair damages to the chipboard. T-mould could not be used again so I found another solution.

hqlkXSYh.jpeg

I then had new plastic cut for the marquee and designed a custom marquee with all the controls for the different emulators. (You will see the marquee later)

awlXmxaY.jpeg

I then drilled holes for a credit button and player1 and 2 buttons

60cKv8v.jpeg

I designed a control panel to fit all xbox buttons on it, then had it made in steel. Garimack hacked 2 xbox pads for me and done an amazing job (THANKS AGAIN MATE)

SVF1sqV.jpeg

I wanted the colours to match the xbox pad and used mini momentory buttons for L&R buttons

0j9JmDt3.jpeg

I had the control panel cut fromn the template but needed to make sure buttons and sticks fit ok before spraying.

ox26yogk.jpeg

I sprayed the control panel in metallic silver then roughly fitted the buttons to see how it looked painted. (I was rather pleased to be honest)

q92xi3ko.jpeg

I sanded the coindoor then primed and sprayed it. I got new locks too. This finish was quite nice. I decided not to wire the coindoor and just have it for show.

tPOXEYWd.jpeg

I then primed the cab in white giving 6 coats and then sprayed it with 6 coats. I fitted the coindoor on and the control panel for a quick "test fit".

The buttons and sticks are only resting in place so the sicks are not fixed.

This was the first time it started to look like a real arcade machine.

Z1m8SX19.jpeg

Speakers and a small marquee light were fitted inside the machine and a new plexi glass fitted.

I ordered chrome trim used on boats and cars with an adhesive back to replace the T-mould and bought an old 4:3 TV. A shelf was fitted to hold the TV and speakers. A power breaker was fitted in the machine for all the plugs.

The TV was green and can be seen in this pic as it was taken from below the machine. When stood or sat playing it is not visible.

gSciG3uE.jpeg

a new bottom panel was made and new locks all round were fitted.

mmbQciKC.jpeg

Better pics and a better video soon as I can :)

Edited by ace9094

Lovely ! You got it finished! well done it looks fantastic.

I know you must have a few xboxes but is it running using the xbox I modded and upgraded the hdd for you? (like the idea of an xbox I helped with being in a cab :) )

:)Fantastic Marquee!!!

Thanks... If you or anyone else wants the Marquee I will happily share it.... I have about 3 variations and some other custom Marquee's I made...

Lovely ! You got it finished! well done it looks fantastic.

I know you must have a few xboxes but is it running using the xbox I modded and upgraded the hdd for you? (like the idea of an xbox I helped with being in a cab :) )

Thanks, took a while but got there in the end... its been finished a few months now, great with the lads aand a few beers !

It was in the cab at first then the DVD-Rom started playing up so its now in bedroom... However it is the xbox I use most and will be in a 1 player BARCADE project I am working on with no DVD-Rom and a flatscreen TV :(

Edited by ace9094