Good news everyone!

iq_132

the drivers seems to be "finished"

What makes you think so? If there's one thing you can be sure with iq_132 it's that, just when you think it can't get any better, he manages to pull something else out of his box of tricks B). Plus, even though the PGM drivers would be enough of an update on their own, there's still plenty more in this release and I want to make sure it's all good before making it available. How other 'developers' are handling their projects has no bearing whatsoever on this one.

Should be soon though. ;)

Edited by + T +

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was just a thought ...mixed with excitment B) ...on his blog, one developper seems to be really proud to have access to the drivers...nevermind, like you said no need to mention others developpers works/vision.

im ( we are ^^) really waiting for your work (if you can consider releasing it in September; it would be a great wedding gift ;))...and i'll continue my work on the "shmup skin" i want to release :D (even if im not skilled like Neil, i really want to make it available soon..shmups deserve it ^^)

I've updated the sources quite a bit since that video. There were some missing sprites. That's resolved now, but at a cost of a few fps in heavy scenes.

I've also reduced ram usage, added line scrolling for the background, and flipping for character tiles. I haven't touched the sprite routines.

im ( we are ^^) really waiting for your work (if you can consider releasing it in September; it would be a great wedding gift B))...and i'll continue my work on the "shmup skin" i want to release ;) (even if im not skilled like Neil, i really want to make it available soon..shmups deserve it ^^)

Well I was more thinking of releasing in the next couple of days but if you'd rather I waited til September then I couldn't refuse the wish of a condemned man. (j/k, congratulations :D)

Speaking of skins, I wanted to swap the default skin for one of Neil222's since they really are excellent. I've tried emailing him through the forum to ask his permission to do so but I'm unsure if he's able to receive messages since he's sadly no longer active here. If anybody here is registered on any other forum he frequents could they possibly pass on my request? Many thanks.

Finally I just want to say that I certainly have no interest in being 'first' to release a build with iq_132's drivers. I'm sure everyone here knows the quality of the emulation experience provided by FBL and I promise you won't find that anywhere else. The real deal is coming. Accept no substitutes. ;)

Edited by + T +

im ( we are ^^) really waiting for your work (if you can consider releasing it in September; it would be a great wedding gift B))...and i'll continue my work on the "shmup skin" i want to release ;) (even if im not skilled like Neil, i really want to make it available soon..shmups deserve it ^^)

Well I was more thinking of releasing in the next couple of days but if you'd rather I waited til September then I couldn't refuse the wish of a condemned man. (j/k, congratulations :D)

Speaking of skins, I wanted to swap the default skin for one of Neil222's since they really are excellent. I've tried emailing him through the forum to ask his permission to do so but I'm unsure if he's able to receive messages since he's sadly no longer active here. If anybody here is registered on any other forum he frequents could they possibly pass on my request? Many thanks.

Finally I just want to say that I certainly have no interest in being 'first' to release a build with iq_132's drivers. I'm sure everyone here knows the quality of the emulation experience provided by FBL and I promise you won't find that anywhere else. The real deal is coming. Accept no substitutes. ;)

i sent neil222 a pm over at -CENSORED-... he should get it.

Edited by tristanx

Im pretty excited about this release but havnt updated my xbox in about 2yrs

Does FBL use a specific Rom set like FBA Pro ? I remember having to find the excact rom set for the Emu , Which was a bit of a pain

Thanks

if you have fbaxxx pro 1.29 then final burn legends will be compatible with that romset.final burn legends 1.3 uses mame 0.139 romset IIRC.

Im pretty excited about this release but havnt updated my xbox in about 2yrs

Does FBL use a specific Rom set like FBA Pro ? I remember having to find the excact rom set for the Emu , Which was a bit of a pain

Thanks

if you have fbaxxx pro 1.29 then final burn legends will be compatible with that romset.final burn legends 1.3 uses mame 0.139 romset IIRC.

Cool Thanks B)

Quite a few ROMs will need updating in this release (not to mention all the new ones that are added). Obviously I won't be making any packages available complete with ROMs as I consider this to be an extremely dubious practice, but full DATs will be included.

(TIP: If you have an FBANext set and an up-to-date MAME set then you should be able to put an FBL1.4 set together easily)

Obviously I won't be making any packages available complete with ROMs as I consider this to be an extremely dubious practice, but full DATs will be included.

Good. Thank you. B)