Good news everyone!

iq_132

Unfortunately, due to the way FBL handles video, it's extremely difficult to determine how many pixels or what ratio a given screen size is. Anyone who has ever tried to achieve a specific size on Zsnexbox will understand exactly what I mean. In terms of visually filling a screen the system works great but it's simply not intended for use of specific values.

I can supply you with accurate pixel sizes for each game in 480i/p mode in a few weeks. I'm going to check each so they are 'perfect' as much as they can be.

Also, can you please make sure there is a way to lock the screen rotation so that FBL remembers it? Currently, if you chose a verical game - lets say Ms. Pac-Man - and set it to be rotated 180 or 90 degrees, FBL doesn't save this part of the config (it does save the screen size) so that when you launch the rom again, its set to 4:3 instead of 3:4.

Make sense?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The long answer is; FBL's true default screen size values are hardcoded into the emulator and cannot be changed. What you are doing when you resize the screen in the UI is defining a set of values that act as modifiers. The sum of the base value + the modifier determines the screen size. The modifiers are represented by long decimal values that are relative to the base values and therefore cannot be translated into standard pixel dimensions. So how useful the ability to directly edit them will be I'm not sure, but it does make it easier to share your screen size with other users.

Right, you basically have to eyeball it. B)

Luckily, since I have a PVM with Emotia, it makes it VERY obvious when something isn't 'perfect pixel' - T, I know you hate that term, but I can't think of anything better. Cos actually started all these INIs for me and got them 95% with the aid of real 240p - which is basically inhuman and amazing!

The long answer is; FBL's true default screen size values are hardcoded into the emulator and cannot be changed. What you are doing when you resize the screen in the UI is defining a set of values that act as modifiers. The sum of the base value + the modifier determines the screen size. The modifiers are represented by long decimal values that are relative to the base values and therefore cannot be translated into standard pixel dimensions. So how useful the ability to directly edit them will be I'm not sure, but it does make it easier to share your screen size with other users.

Right, you basically have to eyeball it. B)

Luckily, since I have a PVM with Emotia, it makes it VERY obvious when something isn't 'perfect pixel' - T, I know you hate that term, but I can't think of anything better. Cos actually started all these INIs for me and got them 95% without the aid of real 240p - which is basically inhuman and amazing!

Edited by PhilExile

Also, can you please make sure there is a way to lock the screen rotation so that FBL remembers it? Currently, if you chose a verical game - lets say Ms. Pac-Man - and set it to be rotated 180 or 90 degrees, FBL doesn't save this part of the config (it does save the screen size) so that when you launch the rom again, its set to 4:3 instead of 3:4.

The Pacman games aren't vertical games in the sense that they don't rotate the display the way most vertical games in FBA do. FBL 1.4 will include preconfigured inis for games like this with unusual display properties (Pacman, Darius, Ninja Warriors) which should make them look right. I'll look into the rotation setting not saving though.

would it be possible to add the following:

multiple roms path edit in the actually emu options too. i store my roms in a folder seperate from my emu's.

turn off xbox on exit option

multiple title screenshots path edit in the actually emu option too. again, screenshots in a different path on my xbox and so the same pix can be used for mame.

mahalo B)

Just a couple of tidbits about the upcoming release;

Firstly there will be a new default skin (by Neil222) with an arcade-cabinet style. And secondly, to complement this, I've added marquee support. So as well as your screenshot or video preview the game's unique marquee image will appear at the top of the cabinet for an authentic look.

I'm also planning to include a full set of screenshot AND marquee images either as part of the 1.4 package or as downloadable extras (depending on size) so you will get what is in my opinion the best and most slick looking GUI on the Xbox straight out-of-the-box. ;)

Firstly there will be a new default skin (by Neil222) with an arcade-cabinet style. And secondly, to complement this, I've added marquee support. So as well as your screenshot or video preview the game's unique marquee image will appear at the top of the cabinet for an authentic look.

I'm also planning to include a full set of screenshot AND marquee images either as part of the 1.4 package or as downloadable extras (depending on size) so you will get what is in my opinion the best and most slick looking GUI on the Xbox straight out-of-the-box. ;)

Will the videos be included in the 1.4 download or will i have to find these seperatly

I'm also planning to include a full set of screenshot AND marquee images either as part of the 1.4 package or as downloadable extras (depending on size) so you will get what is in my opinion the best and most slick looking GUI on the Xbox straight out-of-the-box. :)

downloadable extras ehh...

xtra's...

emu...

;)

Well ideally not downloadable extras. I'd like to include it all in one package but I'll have to see how the filesize stacks up. The screenshots alone are coming in at about 40Mb rar'd and while I know that isn't a lot these days I don't want the size to be restrictive to anyone. I won't be doing anything with videos since I don't think they're worth the space they take up. But video preview support in FBL remains intact and works fine with marquees so anyone is free to create a video pack.

Is the cheat.dat for FBA the same as the one used in MAME? If so, I don't see a problem including the latest one which would support pretty much all the new games. More info on this would be appreciated.

The only UI changes in 1.4 will be the new global screen sizing, the marquee feature, and one or two fixes. The focus on this release really has been the emulation side of things and getting as many games added/working/fixed as possible. Once this release is out the door I'll look at all these requests and give an honest idea of how viable I think they're going to be. Thank you all for your patience. ;)