what year was your best in gaming

gamez fan

mines 2007 knew nothing about emulators had a ps2 so in january decided to get a xbox and a gamecube to play some of the top exclusives idd missed and heres the games i played

ps2

okami

god of war 2

tomb raider anniversary

xbox

halo

oddworld strangers wrath

half life 2

ninja gaiden black

starwars knights of the old republic 1+2

jet set radio future

fable

chronicles of riddick escape from butcher bay

panzer dragoon orta

project gothem racing

gamecube

pikmin 1+2

legend of zelda wind walker

legend of zelda twilight princess

paper mario thousand year door

super mario sunshine

go on list the games you played in your best gaming year

1988 Commodore 64 gold memories :)

me and my mates all had a speccy 48k those were the days :) i mind the commie 64 crew youd all say my pcs got better graphics and music and we all said but the speccys got more games and and there a quid cheaper we must have been the original fanboys :)

Cant remember the year but it was the year the Dreamcast came out!

I snuck downstairs and opened my Christmas present with a razor blade, swapped it for books and resealed the presents (so they "felt" right")

Then took my Dreamcast upstairs hidden in a bag it would be played secretly each night. On Christmas eve I put it back into the box and wrapper.

I'd completed ready 2 rumble boxing by Christmas day, what a game! the others were good too (some space combat sim game where the player was fighting for the "tigers" I forget the name but remember playing online with dial up!) My parent killed me when they realised and got the phone bill!

Actually reading back through that it seems I was a horrible child lol poor parents!

Edited by sbpaabck

I come from a working class family and im the eldest of six children in a one parent family.

So you can imagine, money was real tight, most of the toys / clothes etc i had were second hand or hand me downs from wealthy cousins.

As a result we had a few second hand consoles, we had to share, as i grew up.

First i can recall was an AceTronic then i got a second hand TI99/4A for Christmas one year.

When i was 15 or 16 i bought myself a second hand Acorn Electron, which i still have in good working order.

Love that Electron and would normally say it would be my favourite BUT.

In around 1990 (im 20 and have an excellent paying job) i finally bought something brand new and for myself.

Oh yes i had just bought a MegaDrive with Castle of Illusion as the freebie game, waited for this pack as i didn't want the shitty Altered Beast as i wasn't impressed with it at the time.

I had cut outs of a MegaDrive in my locker at work for weeks while i was saving up.

Needless to say i've had every Sega machine since and spent an damn lot of money on that company.

Still have my Dreamcast too, what a great machine that really was.

yeah, its a shame Dreamcast never reached its full potential, it was an amazing machine, even the VMU didn't have games developed for it like it should've :)

Still, at least you still hear of ppl who faithfully use/love their old dreamcasts to this day :)

I swapped mine for a PS2 in GAME, wish i'd kept it now....