Official CoinOPS2 R5 released

ace9094

Hah, yeah, good luck with that.

There's been a bunch of people (including myself) who wanted to know what additional arcade games had been added from X to Y, but all they got in reply was "compare the gamelists - too many to remember".

I actually did this at one point. i.e. compared Epic R6 to R8.

Here was the list of "too many to remember":

aceattaca

desertbr

gprider1

MI_A

MI_B

MI_C

MI_D

MI_E

plegends

rachero

snowbros3

sonicbom

Basically, if you want to know what additional games have been added over a given earlier version, you need to run a database comparison against the gamelist files IN EVERY VERSION.

Yes, that is what you're expected to do. Download every version, and compare all of their gamelist files.

Seriously.

Ugh, just be thankful that person doesn't ruin I mean reside in this forum anymore! much better without him i'd say :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the term 'added games' as CoinOPS uses it is (deliberately?) rather misleading. CoinOPS is intended to be a package complete with roms so when arcade games are described as 'added' it simply means that roms have been added to package, not that support for any new games has been coded into the emulators.

Edited by + T +

I think that the term 'added games' as CoinOPS uses it is (deliberately?) rather misleading. CoinOPS is intended to be a package complete with roms so when arcade games are described as 'added' it simply means that roms have been added to package, not that support for any new games has been coded into the emulators.

hi +T+ im a newbie here and feel ive not paid enough dues to be asking for anything :) but i know your tight with iq 132 any chance you could ask him if he ever gets some spare time could he maybe do a driver update for counter run so it plays on coinops or fbl ive tried everything to get it working myself but only bootleg b work and wasnt added til mame 85

hi +T+ im a newbie here and feel ive not paid enough dues to be asking for anything :) but i know your tight with iq 132 any chance you could ask him if he ever gets some spare time could he maybe do a driver update for counter run so it plays on coinops or fbl ive tried everything to get it working myself but only bootleg b work and wasnt added til mame 85

Counter Run uses a driver that isn't currently part of FBA so you'd effectively be asking for a whole new driver to be ported. However the MAME driver should be easy enough to add to CoinOPS, it may not even require any changes I'm not sure it's been a long time since I did any work with MAMEoX drivers.

Would you believe thats exactly what BP was asking for in his CoinOPS irc channel just over an hour ago, now either your psychic or doing his dirty work for him. Not quite as noob and naive as you would have us believe are you ?

Would you believe thats exactly what BP was asking for in his CoinOPS irc channel just over an hour ago, now either your psychic or doing his dirty work for him. Not quite as noob and naive as you would have us believe are you ?

first off i dont know bp have never spoken to him in fact i know absolutly no one on here its safe to say i dont know anyone in the emulation scene this is the only site ive joined and to be honest i only asked for driver update for counter run because its the only game i used to play in the arcades that wont work on coinops in fact i joined this site to ask for this game most of you might think its shite but its one of my favs hope this clears up any doughts over me

Counter Run uses a driver that isn't currently part of FBA so you'd effectively be asking for a whole new driver to be ported. However the MAME driver should be easy enough to add to CoinOPS, it may not even require any changes I'm not sure it's been a long time since I did any work with MAMEoX drivers.

thanks for your reply i should really just ask bp since i want the game for coinops but since he has left this site do you have any advice on who i could ask on here to pass on my request to bp for a driver update for counter run

hate to ask noob questions ive had loads of trouble with my emus roms etc but have looked for and found answers on here and elseware and sorted things myself so it does kinda pain me to ask do i wait for the coinops 3 update or can i add counter run to my coinops reignite x set ive already tried adding it but it doesnt boot ive renamed the rom renamed roms inside the zip file but according to mame maws only counter run bootleg set 1 works counterunb which was added mame 85 and wont showup in game list when i rescan after adding

Hah, yeah, good luck with that.

There's been a bunch of people (including myself) who wanted to know what additional arcade games had been added from X to Y, but all they got in reply was "compare the gamelists - too many to remember".

I actually did this at one point. i.e. compared Epic R6 to R8.

Here was the list of "too many to remember":

aceattaca

desertbr

gprider1

MI_A

MI_B

MI_C

MI_D

MI_E

plegends

rachero

snowbros3

sonicbom

Basically, if you want to know what additional games have been added over a given earlier version, you need to run a database comparison against the gamelist files IN EVERY VERSION.

Yes, that is what you're expected to do. Download every version, and compare all of their gamelist files.

Seriously.

Ugh, just be thankful that person doesn't ruin I mean reside in this forum anymore! much better without him i'd say :)

Indeed. In fact, I only returned here because he left. True story.

Holy hell, I just realised you're from the Toon! Small world.