Coin Ops 2.3 - Need Help

JBones415

Sorry if this is a noobie question, I am new to the emulation world and just signed up as this site as recommened by another user...

I have downloaded Coin Ops (full) on another site, in 3 parts, no matter what i do, I end up with corrupt files. Gave up on the full version and downloaded the stand alone version and its 2 updates... That works... Finally...

Problem now is 2 fold... When I boot it up I only get arcade, even though I see roms for other systems in the file folder I cant get any emulator except arcade. Second issue is where do I get all the roms that are in the full release. I am not upgrading from a older version so the only roms i see are the ones that are provided in the updated..

Thank you again for any help on this and sorry again for being such a noobie on this matter

on the main rom screen try pressing back button as this brings up different rom list options like consoles for example,just to see if your consoles roms show up.

The CoinOps guys put together a great package for beginers,

unfortunately torrents and other links never tend to stay true for very long.

Due to hit n run users, because its a very large pack, ( too large some might say)

This is probably your problem. Bad or corrupt links.

This happens to a lot of projects.

Im sure one of the CoinOps guys can link you to something decent.

its been discussed and sorted on the blog...any issues those people can get you the correct stuff

phrunt said...

Jinx, they are fine for me... maybe you have bad ram?

29 June 2011 12:54

BritneysPAIRS said...

jinx ill pm you soon with your files

29 June 2011 13:59

Jinx said...

Bad RAM?? never heard of that? How would that affect the downloading on my PC? I have no problems downloading other things... weird. Must be on my end though if no one else is having a problem... and thanks BP!

29 June 2011 14:47

phrunt said...

I had a problem when I downloaded RAR files when I extracted large ones I had random corrupt files in them. Turned out to be bad ram corrupting files during extraction. Winrar would always complain about corrupt RAR's.

29 June 2011 18:47

Jinx said...

How do i fix bad ram? replace it?

29 June 2011 19:53

Jinx said...

and BP I got the files sent already- thanks for replying though. And thanks for all your work!

29 June 2011 19:54

phrunt said...

test it first, www.memtest86.org or if using win7 keep pressing TAB right after the bios screen to get the boot menu where you can go to Windows Memory Diagnostics, if it fails, replace it, if it passes thats not likely to be your problem.

30 June 2011 00:18

Retro.G said...

Hi +1 with the possible BAD Ram problem !

30 June 2011 13:52

robot3 said...

for the record I had no issues with unrarring the update pack at all. However if you are using an older version of winrar and if the problem file was made with a newer version of winrar, that can cause you problem as well (which I have seen happen before). Likewise sometimes rar archives are also made using 7z (7zip). I have seen that cause issues too when using winrar and in that case I had to end up using 7z itself to unrar the archive. Worth a shot if your ram in memtest comes up ok

1 July 2011 21:54

BritneysPAIRS said...

cheers for that....seems a few are having issues with the rars

Edited by Error404

where do I get all the roms that are in the full release.

Thank you again for any help on this and sorry again for being such a noobie on this matter

I'll excuse you because you are a noob, but it is against rules to ask for roms. Just letting you know.

where do I get all the roms that are in the full release.

I'll excuse you because you are a noob, but it is against rules to ask for roms. Just letting you know.

this confuses me somewhat, other members on this forum post links to rom dumps, rom links

with no warning.?

Posting to homebrews, protos etc is ok, as they were never sold in shops, or used in arcade machines. Nobody is losing money or ever would have. The poster should remove the link after 2 weeks though, as a precaution.

Asking for roms is against the rules though. I have removed a few inapproprate links here and there. If you find more let me know (I don't read every post).

A warning is when I give an official warning on your "Warn" graph. So far, this was just a gentle reminder, no official warning yet.

Sorry for the mess up on my side, was not intending on breaking any rules on the site. Honestly I guess I worded it incorrectly.. Was just trying to be directed towards a place where I could get the new Coin Ops Full Build.. The one I have has many corrupted files and was told that maybe someone one this may be able to help me.

After way too many sleepless nights, was able to get everything running smoothly.. Thank you to all who took the time to help me out.

On a funny note, once I got it running I had another member tell me that Mame is really the way I should have gone, what is the difference between the two? Mame & Coin Ops 2 that is..