xbox troubles

gary912

I recently modified my xbox so i can play some mames. problem is i dont know what i did that now i have error 21 on my screen. i can go to regular dash but i cant go to softmod screen or even softmod again using Splinter Cell game. Last thing i did was try to put Coinops 2 on system, didnt fit on the c drive so i was trying to put it on the E drive. then i dont know what happened , i think my kid touched it somehow and now i cant go to softmod. At least i can get to ms dashboard.Any help would be appreciated. And thanks to Ace for trying to help me on another site.

Edited by gary912

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,

I need to know what's what....

Has any files been delete from E:\?

If you can get to the MS dash then re-add the Linux save and the splinter cell save game....

Turn the xbox off the turn it on using the eject button... it might boot to the recovery screen...

=================================================================

If this fails then download Krayzee's softmod and try it again (if you cant find it I will upload it on ITP)

Edited by ace9094

OK... let me know how you get on with Krayzee softmod.... If this fails we can always do the Connect to the PC and use linux CD and IDE channel.

Saying that its a real pain to do as you gotta take your xbox apart etc

I can digout the youtube links for it though...

Hopefull Krayzee softmod will sort it out !

havent started with this since it looks intimidating dont know which part to start. ill search for the instructions in an hour. doesnt say how to install. thanks

btw cant do the ide trick since i have only laptops to play with.

Edited by gary912

Like ace said, just reinstall the softmod, but when its asking you to format your drive, just say no :bored:

Last time, my main Xbox died after 10 good years ^^, i just unlocked the HDD, then i locked it with another eeprom, took me few minutes but now, its back to life :lol:

Edited by Sparda