CoinOps Thank You List

Mega Man (?)

slowdown city and you cant play new games on PS3 to do that....coinOPS outpaces it....hehehe I wonder why? PS3 is 100 times faster...not viable at all yet when simple game stutter along

I hope one day something is viable...maybe a .84core for ps3 will be the way to go or a proper hack for 360 so some dev work can happen...but need a decent platform to start with....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only a 'preview' release and works quite well for some of the games I've tried. Who knows what it will be capable of in 5 years :)

Here's a compatibilty list of what's working so far - MAME_PS3 compatilbility

Sorry MMQ, erm.. thanks to all the devs who contributed to CoinOPS and those who brought it down ;)

Edited by Bigby

its all ready in R2 :) you just dont know how to enable hehehehe get over it....you guys talk such shit

If you really are leaving this forum then leave. If you are staying then understand that your inflammatory comments aren't welcome here anymore, particularly in relevant and informative threads like this one.

Back on topic, the GPL issue is a sticky one since it's rarely adhered to in the Xbox scene. I guess developers figure that, since developing software for the Xbox using the XDK is illegal to start with, the GPL doesn't matter too much. I don't know enough about it so I don't have an opinion on that one way or the other but it's interesting that many Xbox developers have taken this view.

It's only a 'preview' release and works quite well for some of the games I've tried. Who knows what it will be capable of in 5 years :)

Here's a compatibilty list of what's working so far - MAME_PS3 comapatilbility

Sorry MMQ, erm.. thanks to all the devs who contributed to CoinOPS and those who brought it down ;)

Bigby, you forgot to give credit to Robo Hobo for the port. This is very important, someone else could claim to have done that in six years. :D

edit.

Thanks for the clarification about GPL and xbox dev, +T+

Edited by waal

+t+ get fucked newbe...its only dev that has now moved off....you and I can talk all we want but you cant actually do anything...so just release news of what others are doing and leave doing stuff to others :)

all you guys need is a news thread as you guys cant even do simple things.....

+t+ reading the pms as soon as a blog or site is setup you will lose all but the flamers to here, there has been so many PM I didnt bother answering any but will do soon with a link....they seem to be sick to death of the flamers

ill be starting blog stuff this week and make it as simple as I can for dev and release....other stuff can be discussed or talked about there is nothing really happening anyways of much interest to people by looks....so it wont get cluttered

....sick to death of the flamers

Sick to death of your usual ranting, bullshit & general spewing of crap.

Remember what nes6502 said of you when you took his FB code without his consent...cancer on the XB scene...

Back on topic, the GPL issue is a sticky one since it's rarely adhered to in the Xbox scene. I guess developers figure that, since developing software for the Xbox using the XDK is illegal to start with, the GPL doesn't matter too much. I don't know enough about it so I don't have an opinion on that one way or the other but it's interesting that many Xbox developers have taken this view.

I don't see why that's the case. They are completely separate issues. The SDK stuff is the reason why binaries are only uploaded anonymously to some obscure irc. Devs should continue to follow the same rules as everyone else. If BP does indeed include ScummVM in the next release of his, and it's been modified to interface with his frontend, I'd demand the full source code to any changes made to ScummVM (and by proxy the rest of his emulator + gui). Failure to do so would be blatantly dismissing the concept of OPEN source, the programming community, and the LAWS surrounding the issue.

If the GPL isn't followed, why all the hub-bub about closed source, open source, or even crediting people?

its all ready in R2 :) you just dont know how to enable hehehehe get over it....you guys talk such shit

If you're referring to ScummVM, that's very unfortunate. If you call yourself breaking the law, and insulting an entire community of programmers who conducts themselves properly shit talking, that is also unfortunate.

If I see any hint of ScummVM in your next version, I'll notify the proper ScummVM team leaders, and let them take action (if any) from there.

If the GPL isn't followed, why all the hub-bub about closed source, open source, or even crediting people?

To me crediting someone when using their work is just common decency and respect (I guess one could say the same about the GPL) but the much more important side of it for me is that trying to take the credit for someone else's work is just plain wrong, whether it's on a forum, in an emulator, or in the real world; it just won't do.

In any event I'm not disagreeing with you about the GPL and I'm certainly not supporting the use of Scummvm in CoinOPS.